Cher - Dancing Queen | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher - Dancing Queen

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by orbison, May 21, 2018.

1. Booked one of my very few days off (love American workplace culture!) to see her as a birthday gift for myself only for her to announce a tour stop in...the arena I graduated high school in.

Well, I will be seeing this legend twice this tour.

2. Ok that makes sense...sis is out here trying to snatch ALL the coin$.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  3. Well I just secured 7th row side stage tickets for a pretty reasonable price! Some good floor ones popped up but I am going with 3 women between 50-70+ so I figured seats would be the way to go.

Cannot believe I am seeing this legend twice in the span of 6 months!

DoggySwami, Txetxu and LP like this.
  4. I wish there were more collaborations nowadays. I’d love to see Cher and Diana Ross to perform together now. I found a video where she introduced her as her best friend.

5. Cher and Diana on stage together. What a thought that is.

6. Does anyone know the name of the electro remix played during the dance sequence before believe on tour? Really loving the intro but feels like it's nowhere to be found.

James2009 likes this.
  7. I was thinking exactly the same thing when watching the video. Then I did some investigating and found this article. Sadly the chance of them ever performing together seems very, very slim...

Gene Simmons fell for Diana Ross while dating Cher

Gene Simmons fell in love with Diana Ross while dating Cher. The KISS rocker has revealed he broke the 'Believe' hitmaker's heart back in the 1980s when he fell for her best friend, after she suggested he met up with the singer to get tips on choosing her Christmas present.

He explained: "Initially, Cher and I had a relationship and we lived together in Malibu. One Christmas I asked her what I should buy her and she said, 'Call my friend Diana Ross, she will tell you exactly what I like as she is my best friend'. So I called Diana up and we went shopping. Then our feelings for each other developed very fast and we started a relationship together."

The frontman continued to say the messy situation marked the end of the women's friendship, despite the fact they had been friends for many years.

He said: "I guess thereafter, Cher and Diana never spoke."

[​IMG]Gene Simmons

However, Gene - who now has children Nick, 26, and Sophie, 22, with his wife Shannon Tweed - said he had a great two-year romance with the 'I'm Coming Out' singer once they finally got together.

He told The Sunday Mirror's Notebook magazine: "Diana Ross kept me on my toes and I ended up having a relationship with her for two years. I loved that she was such a strong woman who was confident in her own skin. That's the most seductive thing. If a man thinks a woman can live without them, that's it."

Burzum and Tchelitchew like this.
  8. Late to the party but she was iconic in Glasgow.

Went with my whole family and everyone loved it.

9. So perhaps it won't be this side of 2020 we get ABBA2. I wonder what "ABBA 2 - MT 7.29.19" means at the top of the lyric sheet.

10. Still no Los Angeles date from what I can see.

11. That it's an old pic from July?

londonrain likes this.
  12. Is she performing All or Nothing on the tour?

13. Yes.

14. This will always be my fave:

15. I’d love her to open the show with Believe and end with If I Could Turn Back Time. I’d make the best set list (for me, obvs)!

AllTheUsernames and Venoose like this.
  16. I saw her tonight in Chicago, My friend won tickets and invited me and damn, they were pretty good tickets. We were on the floor in one of the last sections back but we had a great view. I'm not like the biggest Cher fan in the world - I know some of the hits and that's about it and it was so enjoyable. She sounded great, she looked great. I kind of almost wish she didn't change outfits after almost every song, so that she could maybe just talk more... but I know that seeing her costumes is a big appeal about her.

Pretty much every gay in Chicago tonight was either seeing Cher or Kim Petras... I'm glad I got to go with Cher.

17. It was my turn to see her tonight!! I don't know how this happened but after my friend and I couldn't snag cheap last minute StubHub seats I went to the venue by myself to try my luck/listen to the opening from outside. The box office didn't have anything good and as I walked out the girl who was in front of me in line asked if I had tickets and gave me her spare ticket!!! I was so dumbfounded and awestruck and in disbelief I didn't even ask why she had a spare or offer her some money.

I went to the Dressed to Kill Tour and I think this had a better setlist, I just wish she wasn't off stage so often. I expected her to talk throughout the show but she only did that 15 minute monologue at the beginning about her 40th birthday/Steve Rubell/David Letterman. 2 minutes before the show started she waved to us on the side from behind the curtain

I was surprised at how many young people showed up this time! At the last tour I was the youngest person there by at least 2 generations, but my whole row this time was full of people my age. A young straight guy with his girlfriend was absolutely living for Walking in Memphis and the ABBA songs. I went to the bathroom afterwards and it was full of straight men in motorcycle jackets talking about how f--king awesome she was

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.