Cher - Dancing Queen | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher - Dancing Queen

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by orbison, May 21, 2018.

1. I forgot to write about my show last week - she came over to the sides of the curtain and waved to the fans just before the show started. Loved seeing her so personally, our seats were technically pretty bad as they were on the side but you got to see her interact with her dancers and team a bit and she seems like a really genuine person.
    Really impersonal performance, I don't think she acknowledged Portland once but she was still fabulous and I was impressed by the live vocals and she's still really able to move! I think the influx of younger fans is thanks to Mamma Mia, definitely still an older crowd but they didn't mind us standing and dancing and it was a great evening. Roll on May!

Island, Stranger and Jacques like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I always found this song a Believe ripoff and only just noticed it had the same producers/writers..
    Do we know if it was a leftover Cher track? I can completely imagine her doing it

3. It's also on the same Pandora album as her On a Night Like This. Her version is the best of the three in my opinion.

Island and Mvnl like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I was not aware of this and will track it down.
    Currently working on my 'best of the 90s' top 100 and I realized how much I love this despite its artists. But considering some of the other songs they did it makes complete sense now.

Right after playing a bit of Pandora's I think Rene's version got the best production. Though very similar to Believe as well as some H & Claire tracks (Too Close To Tears?)

5. Cher will be on Ellen this coming Tuesday for an interview and performance.

I'm hoping ABBA 2 is finally coming - I need Cher belting out Voulez Vous like there's no tomorrow.

6. It’s just Believe. Ugh.

7. How the fuck is ABBA 2 taking this long?!

Lapras, xOJakeXo and Smooth Criminal like this.
  8. I hope Ellen brings out Madonna to surprise Cher.

9. Cher gracing the cover of CR Fashion Book Magazine, with Naomi Campbell and Kim Kardashian.

The hair, what a fucking icon.

10. motherfucking CHER. Wow.

11. Jesus! Absolutely stunning! These photos have the potential to cure Coronavirus. The magazine should be airdropped over every affected region.

michaelhird and Staticboombox like this.
  12. God, I had to buy it... iconic is over used but this is iconic

13. Wow. Gotta love that hair.

14. Ageless wow!

15. Literally. I was looking at the initial cover and thought it was an unseen photo from the archives or something but then saw the photo of her and Naomi strutting and realised these were new.

Again its something we say time and time again but she truly is ageless. Such a goddess!

Holly Something and LP like this.
  16. The photo of Cher and Naomi is one of those rare "wow" photos just from sheer star power oozing out of the picture. I am here today, because I am gay.

LP and michaelhird like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.