Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by luzu, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

I must confeess I am well impress with this album too. even Swagger Jagger sounds ok with the rest of the songs.... well done everybody involved

2. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Well then,

Grow up - 9/10

So much energy! Right from the get-go there's BUNDLES of personality, swag, attitude ec. The chorus makes me feel so happy. A cute fun little track. How did she get Busta Rhymes on this? haha I love her.

Want U Back - 10/10

"UUUURRRGHHH" This song is incredibly catchy and addictive! I could actually listen to it non-stop for the rest of time, I'd probably still laugh at the helicopter bit every single time haha I'm amazed that we have yet another potentional #1 single on our hands!

With Ur Love - 10/10

Everything about this is just glorious, the 3rd feel good song in a row. The video and X Fator performance just add to Cher's new found mass appeal. I love how she started winning everyone over with this.

Swagger Jagger - 10/10

I think you all know how I feel about this.

Beautiful People - 10/10

This song is absolutely stunning. It's like Stay part 2. I actually love it with Carolina Liar on it, they really compliment each other well. The breakdown in the middle followed by the final chorus is definitely a grab-the-tissues moment. *Wipes tear from eye*

Playa Boi - 9/10

I adore her voice on this. Probabably the track on the album most pumped with attitude. The breakdown is incredible.

Superhero - 10/10

I LOVE THIS. The instrumental is absolutely stunning. Another one that I can have on repeat all day. I love her cute little rap in the middle.

Over The Mood - 10/10

This song is so cute! I love how over the moon she is. The middle 8 is perfection. And I love how at then end she goes I'M OVER THE MOON HAHA. This album is packed with so much much joy.

Dub On The Track - 10/10

Where to I start? The instrumental is absolutely glorious. I'm glad Cher got to prove how underground she is. I love all the feautures, those raps go in. I'm glad Cher fought to get this on the album!

End Up Here - 10/10

OH MY GOD. I literally just got round to listening to this I wasn't expecting much, but my god it's absolutely stunning. Oh my....I need a moment....

*10 minutes later*

The greatest asset to this album is Cher's personality, love it or hate it, you can't deny it. She makes these songs in a way that """Cheryl Cole""" could never. She can be adorable, emotional, or just a total brat and I love her for it. What a fantastic album. I feel sorry for the people that have to decide what the next single is, because all of them apart from maybe Grow Up could be. My only complaint is the lack of Stay and Talkin' That but I'm just tagging those at the end of the album myself.

Island likes this.
  3. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

I just love how sugary sweet it all is. Teenage Dream sounds like Sticks + Stones' sick, diabetic cousin compared to this.

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Dare I say Swagger is a grower?
    I liked it anyway but eachtime I love it more.

Also you can tell Cheryl is those tracks. That she liked, approved, wanted them, and recorded them.

5. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

This is the album of the generation! Excellant.

Island likes this.
  6. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Playa Boi is the best thing. I also like Beautiful People.

7. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Want U Back sounds like a smash.

8. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

album is amazing! it was a very very very pleasant surprise.

but in what freaking genre should I add it? pop / hip-hop?

Island likes this.
  9. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

I'm so happy.

10. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Kudos to you Cher. Kudos.

Hey, less of the diabetics shade please!

11. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Never thought I would see the day where Cher Lloyd got this much praise on here.

Island likes this.
  12. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

This. So much.

Swag Pop. It even says so on her iPod in the With Ur Love video.

Island likes this.
  13. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

The album is really good and I just love her voice.
    I just don't know if I can listen to hours in a row. Like someone said it's a bit too sweet after some time.

The only song I can't stand is "Superhero". I just can't listen to the whole song - after the first seconds I'm already annoyed by it.

14. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

This album is every bit as bad as I expected. Beautiful People might have been good if it was a solo track but turning it into a duet shows how little thought was put into this whole album. Over The Moon sounds like a bad nursery rhyme and Dub On The Track is only good in the bits without Cher. I didn't realise it was possible to ruin a great song like Buffalo Stance but Cher has managed it somehow.

15. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

"The album of the generation"?!

I enjoyed the album. But it is by no means the best released this year. "Want U Back" in particular is a great great song. The rest are easily forgettable.

16. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Those who are praising Playa Boi have clearly not heard the superior Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry.

17. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

I Love her latest track, but this album in all fairness is absolutely diabolical.

18. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

The whole record sound very juvenile - not in a good way.

Beautiful People saves this record from being a complete failure.

I hope that for the next record they won't be aiming at 12 years old kids as main buyers.

19. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

She's a teenager herself, I would expect nothing less!

20. Re: Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (debut album)

Dub On The Track is the best song on this album. It's amazing.

Island likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.