Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Re: Cher Lloyd - Debut Album (Discussion)

Lady Sovereign better rip her a new one!

"Cher...this is not a dreaaammm....."

Tommie said:
I meant a diss track against her.

Surely, people in the actual grime scene must be offended by her watered down kiddie-pop? I mean, Lady Sov was quick to jump on Jentina...

Lady Sov making a diss track about Cher would be amazing. Knowing Cher, she would clearly have to respond back.

D

Deleted member 3416

Wow those previews sound awful.

Well I was a big supporter if Cher- I just thought how fantastic it was to have someone so different from the x factor mould for once. I even understood where they were coming from with swagger- though I don't wanna listen to it, I think it's infectious and a strong introduction to Cher.

But Jesus- those previewed tracks are universally horrible! I have no problem with the attitude or any of that, but I actually believed that Swagger would not be the best track on the album. Clearly it is highly likely to be and that worries me!

I really thought Cher had it made as the next biggest thing- internationally enormous, but Syco have completely scuppered the chance of that happening with such dire A&R.

Honestly- what is the point of going on X factor- you are guaranteed to limit your career by signing with those monkeys!

On that note- will be very interesting to see how Alexandra fares now, being the only one to ever get out of Syco on a high. The same will not happen to Cher...

Ok so I loved Cher on X Factor and actually like Swagger Jagger and felt bad for all the hate she is getting but I listened to the previews.It sounds like the biggest heap of shit I have EVER heard. As N-Dubz world number 1 hater I think I would rather them! That it seriously drastic but ALL of them sound like tuneless shit. Then today I saw MTV news and they basically showed clips of her in an interview and she came across EXACTLY the way tabloids etc write about her: A SPOILT BRAT. I no longer have sympathy for her and think that this whole thing bar Swagger Jagger is gonna be an epic fail and flop on it's ass.

While I'm not impressed with the previous I do think it's far too soon to write her off.

If Swagger Jagger can get to number 1 I'm pretty sure the second single will too (given an X-Factor performance on a week with the other guest being an album artist). Then with 2 number 1 singles the album will fare alright in the Christmas market.

Followed by a ballad in January... She's far from doomed, as long as she gets off to a good start!

Sober x said:
While I'm not impressed with the previous I do think it's far too soon to write her off.

If Swagger Jagger can get to number 1 I'm pretty sure the second single will too (given an X-Factor performance on a week with the other guest being an album artist). Then with 2 number 1 singles the album will fare alright in the Christmas market.

Followed by a ballad in January... She's far from doomed, as long as she gets off to a good start!
Ya but that interview along with reading her tweets just makes me think she doesn't seem like a nice person at all. I don't know really it will be interesting.

Am I the only one who finds her unlikability highly... likable?

Maybe it's just because I love Swagger Jagger. I can't stop Youtubing her. On repeat.

S

sajjadali

WOW....Number 2 on Albums!!!!? didn't expect that!! only behind Now! which is mega massive. So, enough people would rather buy the B Side as well!.....thats a leap of faith, the song on it's own is stalling abit because of the fact most are opting to buy the EP instead.....this will surely go Top 5.

I think depending on what JLS sell this week she may be able to clinch it.

It's pretty much safe Cher is going to get a Top 10, Top 5 single. A #1 single is yet-to-be seen.. but I think a Top 5 single for a debut single is pretty sufficient. Afterall.. she will probably get a #1 album and second single with X-Factor depending on the competition.

Jedward got to #2 with their debut single. Cher should get a #1. I think we can all say Cher has more talent than Jedward.

Song is now #7. I don't hugely dislike Cher, I'm a little indifferent to her, but I really hope this song doesn't go top 5 just because I really don't think it deserves to.

I'm genuinely surprised that there's literally no good songs in that preview. I tried hard to find something I like but it just sounds all bad and weirdly 'immature' for her. Hopefully they've missed out a couple of the singles out of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.