Cher | Page 88 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Baby Clyde, Aug 5, 2006.

?

Is Cher The Greatest Human Being To Have Ever Lived?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Save Up All Your Tears was originally by Bonnie too.

Adora Day, DoggySwami, lob0to and 2 others like this.
  2. There really did seem to be a merry go round in the late 80s/early 90s, of Cher, Tina, Bonnie and Laura Branagain covering each others songs!

3. With poor old Laura Branigan having to look on as someone else had a hit with one of her flops!

4. Yes, that too! Think Celine and Taylor Dayne crossed over a couple of times as well!

idratherjack likes this.
  5. Heart of Stone video in HD

Such a great song. The Heart of Stone album really is something special.

I was thrilled to find this picture disc in a store a few years ago

[​IMG]

Whisky87, Booers, Damita Jo and 7 others like this.
  6. Easily one of her all time best! Such a great song too all round, love the Buck Fizz original as well.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Criminal this amazing song flopped for everyone in the UK, I love Dame Shelley Preston in the video for this looking like the others' daughter

while the Cheryl Baker lead vocal version is my definitive version of the song

Love the extra lyrics in the chorus absent from the Cher version.

8. Thought you would know of both of their versions somehow!!

idratherjack likes this.
  9. Which lyrics do you mean?

10. In the chorus there are additional backing vocals singing "are you ready" and "get the money" - I always sing them in the Cher version too!

11. Oh right.

Does anyone know where the two different Cher versions are from?

12. Mind blown. Had no idea Buzz Ficks also recorded a version of Heart of Stone. Just as I didn't know One by One was a cover.

13. It’s A Man’s World, One By Ones parent album is a covers album, though the original wasn’t really a hit.

14. Yes, lots of those songs on there I don't think were big hits as such.

15. Ah, It's A Man's World. That and Stars are two of the most gorgeous albums she ever made.

JamieHT likes this.
  16. Does anyone know where I can find the video of Cher bumping into Debbie Harry backstage at Top Of The Pops?

17. This is actually interesting as it mirrors their first ever encounter, backstage at the BBC, where Cher walked passed and said "you go, girl". Debbie seemed to be in awe of her then, and here Cher possibly references it even here!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Maria, WhatKindOfKylie? and lob0to like this.
  18. Aww, legends respecting legends-love to see it!

19. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. I’ve been looking for that forever. What was the programme?

20. I actually have no idea, but do know someone who is in the process of documenting a timeline of all Cher's TV spots, so I'll definitely Cher-share when I see it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.