Cher | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Baby Clyde, Aug 5, 2006.

?

Is Cher The Greatest Human Being To Have Ever Lived?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I love It’s A Man’s World. That might be my fave along with I Paralyze. I couldn’t connect with Closer To The Truth.

undisco_me likes this.
  2. Living Proof is probably my favorite, though I may have played Closer to the Truth more overall.

undisco_me likes this.
  3. What did you think of Sirens?

4. That is my favourite new song on the album. The uptempo numbers didn’t grab me at all. Although I love the message, Woman’s World is a very disappointing tour opener.

undisco_me likes this.
  5. Blonde Cher, is probably my least favourite Cher look.

6. Heart of Stone is my favourite for pop/rock Cher, Living Proof can't be beaten for dance/pop Cher!

7. I agree. I would’ve love the Woman’s World cover as the cover for Closer to the Truth.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  8. Yeah I wasn't keen on WW, especially since she isn't singing "have a truth!"

9. Dressed to Kill would have been a better title with the photo they chose for the cover.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  10. Sirens is nice but it really has nothing in the original. One of Cher’s weaker covers. The production needed to be more stripped back.

11. Watched Burlesque last night and this is the highlight of the whole film

Such a Cher anthem - "don't count me out, I am far from over".

Cher was fabulous as ever. Remixes are great too

12. It came back onto streaming last year.

i asked Sony re: I Paralyze and whether the digital release could be extended to worldwide but it turns out they only hold rights to the US.

13. I found a Love Hurts album vinyl at the weekend in amazing condition for £2! The gay gasp I let out

AlmostFamous and undisco_me like this.
  14. Finally found a fully lossless version of Don't Come Crying To Me, the track she inexplicably decided to leave off most pressings of the 1992 Greatest Hits. I win.

It's a certifiable bop - while she's probably the best person to have ever lived, she does have a remarkable poor taste for her own music.

undisco_me likes this.
  15. I saw this too last night as had never really seen it, though had meant to over the years. Quite enjoyed it-Cher the star of the show, naturally.

idratherjack likes this.
  16. Imagine thinking Different Kind Of Love Song isn’t single worthy!

My Living Proof singles run would have been:

Different Kind Of Love Song
    When The Money’s Gone
    The Music’s No Good Without You
    You Take It All / Real Love (double A-side).
    A Song For The Lonely.

A smash!

AndrewX, idratherjack and tylerc like this.
  17. I imagine that we’re sadly not getting a follow-up to Dancing Queen?

18. I wondered about this, too. I'm pretty sure she said or hinted that she was recording more ABBA songs. Not sure if it was for a whole album but it did seem like there were more ABBA songs coming.

19. I could have sworn she tweeted about it being finished absolutely ages ago.

I'd try to search her tweets to find it, but anyone who has ever seen her Twitter will appreciate what a futile mission that would be.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  20. Yeah I do remember her saying the second album was practically done. However I think not only too much time has passed since Dancing Queen, but even Abba themselves have taken the spotlight with their own album.

For me the best option is to save it for whenever they do a third Mamma Mia film.

POPGASM, JamieHT and ~Paul~ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.