Cher | Page 96 | The Popjustice Forum

Cher

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Baby Clyde, Aug 5, 2006.

?

Is Cher The Greatest Human Being To Have Ever Lived?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I Paralyze is my favourite 80s CHER album. It's perfect and I'm even surprised she didn't simply re-release or re-record it later on.

SpaceDog likes this.
  2. @YourLeadSinger unless you tell me otherwise, all I'm seeing is Gandalf-era Cher in your avatar? Mixed with The Scream of course.

3. Scream! It’s King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog but Yassified. I can’t find the original source anymore so I just kept it.

undisco_me likes this.
  4. Let's get this to Xmas #1

Mikey1701, LPT, Remorque and 5 others like this.
  5. Can Cher release a solo version that gets to #1 instead?

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  6. Totally camp in the best possible way this.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. I love that you can hear her so clearly on Darlene's original (and the fact that she's stood behind the other singers to blend in).

I think Dar ended up being a little bit bitter at Cher's career (she would go on to sing back up on tour for her and I'm sure officially they're very good friends, etc), but that's another story.

Remorque and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  8. Is perfect, beautiful - My fave song is GAMES

Remorque likes this.
  9. I have to show you my Cher inspired drawings one day ;)

Remorque likes this.
  10. Sometimes I forger that Cher used to be an backing singer, she really has had such an long and legendary career.

Remorque likes this.
  11. I may have missed this discussion but is there any logic as to why her remastered 70's albums (including Stars) is not on Spotify but on YouTube?

I am still hoping they will upload these at some point

12. Thinking about The Cher Show on Broadway and bopping to the finale medley. Is there a remix of “Woman’s World” that is like the arrangement for the medley (@2:07)

Also, they were all great but she ate that bit of the medley when I saw it live.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Remorque likes this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

I love that Cher just made a simple tweet.

iveivan likes this.
  14. Made my day. I love this album. I hope it includes the US album mixes and will include cds.

15. Personally, I can live without the US album versions, but this is really exciting.

TeddyPoppins, Coochi and idratherjack like this.
  16. Exciting! I hope this is on CD too, I'd love all those club remixes gathered together in one place.

17. Ooooh this is exciting! My second favourite Cher album (after Living Proof). I love, love, love it! It has such a warm vibe, I love that more organic, relaxed sound that she really only captured in that way on that one album. It suits her voice so well.

As several others have said, I also really hope it's available on CD. It's the only physical format I can play. I would love something as comprehensive as the recent Tina Turner - Break Every Rule / Foreign Affair reissues/boxsets. Hopefully they've been something of an inspiration for this!

Like @JamieHT I could live without the US album versions, but would love a slew of remixes. I was actually just listening to the Paradise Is Here remixes from the maxi single at the weekend- I have such a soft spot for the Eurodance Mix. Also the Junior Vasquez mixes of One By One are great.

I'm excited! Roll on June!

WhatKindOfKylie? and JamieHT like this.
  18. It says Deluxe edition, so I really hope a cd version is on the way ! And I really hope other Cher reissues are coming ! MAdonna & Cher reissues in the same year ! WOW !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.