Cheryl - 5th Studio Album & Singles | Page 191 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - 5th Studio Album & Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Up Down Suite, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Call My Name is a behemoth of a dance-pop song, so let's not.

2. Promise This is her best lead single.

3. The album version though, not that radio mix.

4. Call my Name, Promise This and I Dont Care are pop jewels and I will not hear otherwise.

5. I would agree with this. That chorus just soars.

spillett likes this.
  6. I'm more perched for her Cannes look than a new single.

7. I swear, if I see a single “Poor Me” esque type of song on Cheryl’s record I know where the rotten root came from

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and RossMusik like this.
  8. Yes her top singles are Call My Name and Only Human.

lushLuck and RossMusik like this.
  9. Yeah cos Nicola wrote Fight For This Love, Telescope, etc

10. Not the single mix I guess?

11. I've never heard it. Everybody said it was crap so I didn't bother listening to it.

lushLuck and Million_Lights like this.
  12. Neither of those songs are anything like the song "Poor Me"... and if you're referring to a "poor me" narrative, I see that in the tabloids, not Cheryl's generally subpar music. How on earth is Fight For This Love saying "poor me"?

13. Telescope is actually rather lovely.

14. My hopes for the new Cheryl single whenever we get it:

She could pull that off, easily. It's giving me Crazy Stupid Love vibes.

Million_Lights likes this.
  15. Cheryl for Eurovision 2019!

spillett likes this.
  16. What label is she with off is she doing it independently?

17. She is apparently still staying with Universal, we just don't know which division she will go to.

18. Universal would be fools to let her go. There's no telling how she will do in the post-streaming era but if I was a betting man I'd say she's more likely to do well than not. She might even bag a 6th UK No.1 single!

19. I think it's most likely them having to compromise. I'm betting she's putting up a fight against a 360 - or at least trying to drill the percentage down as much as possible, which is understandable.

I actually think if she wasn't on a 360 then she'd HAVE to put the work in because there would be nothing else for the label to fall back on. Although now she is a Mum, I can't really see that happening as it's clear she's not gonna want to leave Bear travelling around the country/world all year.

thequinntessential likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.