Cheryl - A Million Lights | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - A Million Lights

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TipToe, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Well the Making Of programme is on at 12 o'clock, so I'm guessing it will be on at the end of that?

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

According to her Facebook, it will be 11am on Vevo.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

10 min left.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

She looks like Kim Kardashian in the mirror-shots.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

I like it. Although I feel it could've done with one more scene, or at least an outfit change in the dance scene. The intro is way too cliché for me.

Love the 'smoking is bad for you' bit in the beginning, haha.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Hmm. Her dancing seems a little less sharp than before, no?

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

I liked what they tried to do with the intro, but the soundscape just doesn't work.

For the whole video, it looks kind of cheap sometimes (but whatever) and I always find those fashion-shoot-kind-of-videos semi-boring but it's a typical Cheryl Cole video so that's what's expected.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

The video is great bar the random quote at the start. And it made me like the song more.
    She's SO beautiful.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Wow, what a great visual. The video is everything I hoped it would be! And Cheryl's touching her crotch more often than Michael. Awesome!

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

I actually think she has because more beautiful with age. The song has grown on me but the video is nothing more than something nice to look at. The dancing is especially cringeworthy, what happened Cheryl? She just jumps up and down and does the same 'body pop' move throughout the whole song.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

That was dull. I dozed off. Both this song + video are doing nothing for me. Also, did she have a nose job?

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

I think it's safe to say that it's her least interesting lead single and video. It's obviously well-made, but it's not memorable in the slightest.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

I think the intro is trying to make it out to be something it isn't. It's a shameless Calvin Harris pop anthem, don't bother with quotes and slowed down-ness. It sounds silly and out of place when the actual song starts.

I love how bare the video is, no bells and whistles, just Cheryl dancing and some pretty shots. I think it's a really good way to shake off the X Factor.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Bland all around... Well, at least she looks good.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

She looks great, but the song is garbage. Her vocal delivery is flat and pretty monotonous throughout.

Has she dropped Cole and gone with just Cheryl now? The video is called Cheryl - Call My Name.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  16. TJ

TJ

Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Zzzz, boring video, like the song though.. and she looks great.

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

FURIOUS
    FUCKING FURIOUS

Looks like one of the best routines in a music video by a female pop artist in YEARS
    Yet we only see 10 percent of it.

Am I the only one who would have loved just 3 dance scenes one from the video, one in the tunnel where she is currently just pointlessly twerking around, and one on the bridge at night
    Maybe the odd mirror or inside car shot, but both were just too much.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

She looks like an urban Shania Twain, which is always a good thing.

I think they're going to try seriously pushing this outside of Britain. ABOUT TIME.

Edit: May I also say that I too wish there were more dance routines (any music video is improved by a dance routine!), or at least that the dance routine had been shot in such a fashion that we could see more of it.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name (1st single)

Wow, this was so boring.

The intro is alright but then it all goes terribly downhill. Nothing at all happens throughout the whole video. I was kind of hoping things would pick up after the BMW ad but they didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.