Cheryl - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by daveblackwell2k4, May 17, 2007.

1. I''m guessing many of you saw this in the sun today about cheryl & lilys war, cheryl saying lily is basically a man and the closest she will get to arena tour is by having tickets to see girls aloud and lily giving her usual banter.

great publicity for both acts but it don''t half get annoying hearing about these two running their mouths.

As much as i like lily & girls aloud, i dont think either of them are really known for having masses of musical talent really, yet they slag each other & others off constantly.

What is with these two, is it just girl;s being bitchy lol

2. It doesn''t benefit either woman. In fact, it plays up to stereotypes of women not getting along. Both should know better.

3. cheryl seems to have really changed dont she over the years.

not putting the blame on ashley cole but more so since that period of the world cup and onwards

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

i wish they''d both go away, to be honest...

5. I think anyone that thinks Cheryl lacks charisma or needs a script or prompt to be funny needs to re-watch any of the old Girls Aloud documentaries. Betch is great on camera, actually borderline hilarious in some bits. I don't remember what the show was, but the program had all of the girls trekking to the highest point in Greece and Cheryl, in stilettos, was not having it. She was a riot.

But yeah, I'd rather her stick to being a pop star.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  6. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Hello

Girls Aloud's lawyers are looking into today's story in The Sun regarding Cheryl Cole, so for legal reasons please don't discuss it here.

If you are interested the response is that "Cheryl has no plans to record solo material and has never met or spoken to" T2.

Cheers!

P

7. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Just wanted to add to this to thank a few board members for some of the posts they've made today. Thanks everyone. Thanks for - on what might be the first occasion I've ever asked the forum not to talk about something - creating a thread specifically to talk about it, and then talking about it.

Cheers.

8. Hi all - does anyone outside the UK really know who she is (beside international GA fans), and would they want to watch her own one-off special entertainment show?

Thanks.

9. Belgian viewers - X Factor's shown there isn't it? Is she your nation's sweetheart as well?

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

ITV is available in a quarter of a 5th of Flanders (which is only half of Belgium in itself) and except for geeks like me people don't really tend to watch any other channels than the Flemish.

I'm sorry to say but no one knows who Cheryl Cole is outside of the UK.

If you look hard enough you might find the odd pop fan who remembers 'Sound Of The Underground' or, even more so, 'Jump', but other than that I doubt people could name a Girls Aloud member if their lives depended on it.

That was a bit depressing, wasn't it? Here's a (partly live) performance of 'No Good Advice' on Flemish TV to cheer you up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3u-c73vfFg

11. Thanks. I guess I don't have a case for her show to be sold around the world then.

12. Charley

Charley Staff Member

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

NIKOLAH IZ ZO PRITAY!

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ooh, Cheryl going 'dankjewel' was quite sweet!

15. no one has heard of Girls Aloud let alone Cheryl

16. She was pictured in some newspapers during the World Cup 2006 sitting next to Victoria Beckham, but she's definitely not someone famous here in Germany.

17. God, I'm so glad I live in the UK!!!

18. France have no idea who she is and they are only a few hundred miles away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.