Cheryl - General Discussion | Page 235 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by daveblackwell2k4, May 17, 2007.

1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

There was a lovely tone to her voice and she really has the ability to reach. I couldn't see any issue? I think others must be hearing something different?

2. IotV

IotV Guest

Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Fancygreen - I think the problem is that she has no musicality; no sense of pitch. She's just singing and hoping for the best.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

The performance was BAD, both her and Gary did not do a good job.

4. IotV

IotV Guest

I think Gary's mike volume was lowered for Cheryl's benefit, although he fucked it up anyway.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I agree. It was painful to listen to from start to finish and it didn't help that Barlow isn't that great a singer either. It wouldn't be so bad if she hit a few bum notes or had a bad day but she has proven on every occasion dating back to Popstar The Rivals that she can't sing live. Even weak singers like Rihanna and Kylie have worked hard to improve over the years, Cheryl has gotten worse.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - A Million Lights (Third Album)

If by corker, you mean AMAZING, then yes we are on the same page.

Why was this song chosen for them to sing? That's the biggest problem here. Do a song that highlights BOTH of your voices!

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I've heard horror stories about that concert and not just Cheryl. My sister said Kylie's set was a bit crap too. Robbie was doing his swing thing too, which isn't something I'd ever want to watch or hear.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Yes, let's "dilute" Cole's vocal massacre by talking about the whole concert and the other performers...

"Kylie's outfit was ugly, Shirley Bassey has lost part of her voice... so Cheryl Cole was not that bad..."

Yes, of course. Even better : It was "an OK performance".

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

No, I'm saying what I was told by someone whose opinion I trust completely. I was told Cheryl was terrible and Kyle's set was crap. I was surprised to hear that because - as a fan of Kylie - I know how reliable she is as a performer. But I was told her voice was shit last night. She also mentioned Robbie too. Let's not take it personally, Farnaby! These things happen to the best performers too.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I don't take it personally, I just happen to think that talking about the other performers when the discussion is about Cheryl atrocious vocal performance, is, well, vain.

And I was not there (thank god) last night, but I have seen several performances through Youtube (same quality videos) and I can hear that Kylie's vocals were "not shit" but good and that Cheryl's vocals were not even in the "good / bad / shit" category — rather the "I can't believe what I hear" one.

But hey ! Anyone can judge.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

The concert is airing here right now and I have this to say: let's be honest, that was terrible, but you have to admit that she has a very distinctive voice. I was washing dishes when 'Need You Now' began and I thought "oh look, it's Lady Antebellum" (or however you spell it), and as soon as Cheryl opened her mouth I went "no it's not, it's Cheryl!"

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I think that is the greatest compliment one can pay a popstar. At least they aren't Lady Antebellum!

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Her The Voice performance was the best of 2012 and that's all that matters.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

God, what do other people's performances have to do with Cheryl's performance? And I watched the whole thing on TV and can judge for myself who was good and who was not. If we are talking about Kylie's vocal's, she is a perfect example of somebody who doesn't have a powerhouse voice but is still a credible live singer. She was in tune the whole time she was singing no bum notes or anything. Maybe if Cheryl performed live more often and not just the 'odd special occasion' the practice would make her overcome her nerves and she would get better. Its quite embarassing that someone who has been in the music industry for a decade gets so amateurishly nervous when she has to sing live. I know she is human and nerves are normal but not to the extent where they just ruin your performance.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

What about Paul McCartney? I think he sounded the worst.
    But no,haters gonna keep slamming Cheryl.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I must have written 5 posts about Cheryl Cole (including one saying I loved and bought the song "3 words") in my whole life, but, yes, I'm a fanatic Cheryl hater...

And if you want to talk about McCartney's performance, you should go in the Jubilee topic. Here people talk about her performance.

17. Rmx

Rmx

Amen.

Random character filling.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

My point, as I put it across, is that not many stars came out of last night's concert with honours. It wasn't just Cheryl. Look, I didn't watch it so I'm not too invested in this fight. But when I hear someone praising the performance of Tom Jones over Kylie, Cheryl, and Robbie...I'm quite glad I didn't watch it. Cheryl is not an amazing singer. Lana Del Ray's live voice is shit too but people don't really seem to mind or obsess over it. Pointing out the fact won't make people turn on Cheryl.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I love when people talk out of their arses and they are easily proved wrong.

You aren't a Girls Aloud fan, are you? because she has had a vocal coach for years, Terry Ronald:

http://twitter.com/terryronald/status/206300532892110848

She doesn't work with him anymore because lately he's focused on other things but he still was her vocal coach in 2009 (the Set The Fire To The Third Bar performance was coached by him)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.