Cheryl - General Discussion | Page 237 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by DiamondDust, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

How dare she sell her tickets at an affordable price?!

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

More than a bit, I'd say. I'm glad this is the only will.i.am song on the album.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

It's probably her worst song she's done with Will.i.am imo. I love 3 Words and Heartbreaker.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

It's like a sister to 3 Words. I think it'll hold up to repeat plays. I would have liked her to premiere one of the poppier songs though. I guess we'll hear it all soon though!

It has to be better than Messy Little Raindrops. I revisited that album today and it's an abomination. I think we were punished for complaining about Three Words. That album's a masterpiece in comparison.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Craziest Things has nothing on 3 Words.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I like it though the constant bleeping out of the words is annoying and ruins the flow of the song. I know the sound effects could have been purely for the radio but she said she's not gonna curse on the album so that must be how the track is?

It'll definitely be a grower I think.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

She implied that she recorded the songs with the explicit lyrics, but they got censored for the album, so I think that is just how the track is. She should have made the explicit available too because I agree with you, it would probably sound better without the censoring.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

(A Million) Lights is an amazing theme.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

DISCO! DISCO! ITALIANO! Oh wait, wrong thread.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

'Craziest Things' is pretty good, nothing on '3 Words', but for the first time (for me I mean), her voice is actively detracting from the song's quality. It would actually sound better if she were auto-tuned more.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

So gutted she has announced a tour just because I have no money at all for tours, argh, my lack of money situation is depressing at times like this!

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Judging by the samples and Call My Name, her voice needs to be autotuned less, not more. They need to have the confidence to work with her voice, not against it.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I'd say Cheryl needs to work with it, not the producers. Cheryl says she's aware she isn't the best singer and according to wikipedia she's stated she's more comfortable in her lower register, yet very few of her songs utilise her lower register. If Cheryl is aware of where her strengths lie then she needs to take control and tell the producers that she wants to sing using her lower register and they will deal with it. The evidence is there, just listening to Set Fire To The Third Bar you can tell she's far more confident and A Million Lights (the song) sounds like a good Cheryl vocal too.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Has it leaked?!

Is there a sample out there?

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I like how Call My Name utilises lower harmonies. I like that 'thick' sound that comes out when Cheryl sings with heavier backing vocals with lower harmonies. It's the same with Yeah Yeah.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

There's been clips on Amazon for a few days now!

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Where the hell have I been? Ha.

('cause I never see me out...)

I'll grab my coat.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

On the first two albums (and seemingly from this one's previews) there's a real issue with over-correcting her voice. There's this glaze of nothingness all over her vocals, and it's from either too much or shoddily applied auto-tune.

What I meant about 'Craziest Things' though was that she would've sounded better had they used even more of a vocoder/robotic effect, rather than just pitch correction.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Remember when she did this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQrotC-uDQU

Quality of the song aside (I think it's nice), it doesn't require a great singing technique but her vocals are good. They sound honest and have some emotional depth and are definitely well produced (if a bit heavily compressed but that could be done to the quality of the rip). Why can't they do that anymore?

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

She sounds bored out of her mind on Craziest Things. I love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.