Cheryl - General Discussion | Page 237 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by daveblackwell2k4, May 17, 2007.

1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

She does punch toilet attendants in the face.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

This will maybe be like the viral video for '3 Words' in that if it's a future single, there'll be a real video too?

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Sounds like when they made the awesome Japanese version of 3 Words.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Wow.. no album previews yet?

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I wonder if Cheryl and Wretch will be in the video.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

How exciting!! Also, the GAY performance should be pretty epic. She hasn't done it in yearsssss.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Lovely interview with Mr PJ. I love that she has no shame in the fact she doesn't write her songs and that a good song doesn't need to be written by the artist, it's a view I strongly agree with. Who gives a fuck if she didn't write it? Seriously, the music snobs who espouse this nonsense make my blood boil.

Sounds like Peter actually enjoys this album more than her previous efforts too, so that seems to a be a positive sign! Definitely want to hear the title track now though, started off as an indie-sounding song and feels like when she sang SFTTTB with Snow Patrol? Expectations have risen for that track considerably.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

That interview was a very enjoyable read. It seemed as if Peter wanted Cheryl to admit her previous two albums were not as good as they should've been.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Yeh great interview, she completely ignored the arsier questions like a pro.

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I could have used about four or five more Girls Aloud related questions, but yes, it was a good interview and I enjoyed reading about the album process. It was very honest in that respect.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Loved the interview, especially because it came from a more 'behind the scenes' point of view in terms of how the album came about, how many tracks were recorded and how the process came to end. Also massively interesting to hear that 'Solo Cheryl' wasn't always meant to be, and her acknowledgement that Messy Little Raindrops probably wasn't all that it could have been. I would have liked a bit more Girls Aloud stuff though, a bit of teasing from Peter would mean that she would have to give something away.

12. Rmx

Rmx

Her denying any connection to the lyrics is really disappointing. She could've showed a bit more emotion, Christ. Call My Name just 'fun'?"It's an endless circle, a poison arrow to my heart. I love what you do to me, need you to stay with me. I love you too much to let go." Fun!! Really Cheryl? I'll pretend this interview never happened.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I love the interview, she comes across really confident and cute. I'm glad she isn't delusional in her song-writing skills.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

She is just so very good at spotting the point and avoiding it like the plague isn't she? Having said that, a great interview. It's nice to hear her talking about music again.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

Liked the way she came across, hated the questions asked and the way they were, as with most PJ interviews.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

She is really everything I wish Britney was as an interviewee. If only Cheryl's music was just as a good.

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I really want to hear sound clips!! I have a feeling nothing will be released till the 13th...maybe the 12th; if we're lucky.

18. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

She must have a doctorate in media training after being in a girl group for seven years and then being broadcast on national television for three years. It's not even avoiding the point, it's forcing the questioner to ask what they're really getting at ("Why were your were first two albums mediocre?") but no one with an ounce of self-respect would ask that directly, so she's manipulated the situation to get a free pass.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

I know absolutely no other person in the public eye that is quite as skilled at avoiding a controversial subject like Cheryl can. She is also exceptionally neutral and on the fence, which, is a bit of a shame when you think of how outspoken, candid and opinionated she once was. However, I still find each and every one of her interviews utterly spell-binding, especially when the journalists themselves seem to appeal to the enigma that is Cheryl.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Third Album / General Discussion

There is a difference between being enigmatic and being media-trained within an inch of your life. Cheryl falls into the latter category for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.