Cheryl - Only Human | Page 133 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

wish I looked just like Cheryl Fernandez-Versini. I know I never will, I know I never will.

2. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

How do you mean?

3. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

The main problem is, I never get the impression that she cares about music at all. It's just another extension of her brand, and I always think she cares more about the dance routine that she can do to a song rather than the actual song itself. Kelis said something quite similar about Britney back in the day, and it's possibly true, but at least Britney used to have amazing songs.

4. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

I don't know about you guys but this sounds like a real game changer to me.

5. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

for the longest time, Cheryl had this "anti-britney' stance where she wanted pop music that sounded nothing like a Britney song. Unfortunately, most of her songs sound pretty dated and boring.

6. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

This is it completely. Cheryl's music seems to be based around how it'll be performed live. There's nothing wrong with that, she's playing to her strengths. But it just means that she's never going to develop musically.

7. Island

Island Staff Member

Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Someboy, what's your stance on Cheryl. Do you like her?

8. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

If Cheryl truly enjoyed music then surely she would actually perform her music far more. As it stands she just performs at two or three big events.

9. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

I have no doubt that Cheryl cares about success, but after she admitted that she rushed out Messy Little Raindrops despite it not really being ready, you can't really think of her as having much quality control with regards to her output. I get that the malaria meant almost all the album's sessions were cancelled, but it speaks volumes that they still shoved out that abortion of an album rather than miss that X-Factor timed release date.

10. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Adele must really hate her own music too then.

11. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

The problem with Cheryl's music is there's no inbetween. It's either fantastic or shit. Unfortuantely, she seems to think the shit songs are the fantastic ones.

12. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Cheryl is obviously a lover of music, that much is clear to me, and whenever she releases new music she always seems absolutely buzzing to be releasing it. Whether that's because she's excited to perform it or film a music video or learn a dance routine isn't really that important because we all feed off of music in different ways.

The popstar v celebrity discussion in relation to Cheryl is always a favourite of mine.

13. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Well didn't Adele admit she hates touring/promo? She gets stage fright. I don't think Cheryl's ever said anything about her lack of promo.

14. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

I've never got this thing about Cheryl not doing enough promo.

If you're The Saturdays, you should be performing your new single at every given opportunity. Daybreak, Lorraine, This Morning, Loose Women, Alan Titchmarsh; wherever you can get. They need that promo, or they'll be looking at a flop single.

If you're Cheryl, then you don't need to be doing that. What's the point when you can get a couple of primetime/big slots to get your music out there, and radio/music channels will do the rest of the work for you. It'd be a waste of everyone's time for Cheryl to be performing on the daytime circuit when she's the biggest UK popstar around.

15. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

True she doesn't need the daytime TV slots but she doesn't even do festivals. It's fine saying she doesn't NEED to do it as clearly she doesn't but it's a matter of why not? If you enjoy performing your music you'd wanna do more than just a couple of performances every few months.

16. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

I agree with this. I don't think she's passionate about music, I think she's just passionate about being famous.

17. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

I'd say this is a pretty misjudged view to take. Having followed Cheryl for twelve years, I have never once got the impression that she favours fame over anything else. Success, yes. Fame, no.

And she does have a passion for music - you only have to look at her social networking to see that. Whether or not she has a lasting passion for her own music, I'll admit, is a different argument.

18. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Cheryl said recently she wishes that she could live the life she lives without being famous.Take into account her restraining order that stops her being followed by paps, and the fact she keeps a lot of things private, I don't think she enjoys the fame.

19. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Cheryl loathes certain aspects of fame I think. I think she is passionate about her music in bye moment but the minutiae of it all is probably what drags her down.

20. Re: Cheryl - Crazy Stupid Love (Single) + Only Human (Album)

Oh come on.

She loves being famous. She loves being on magazine covers, being a face of Loreal, the publicity that essentially keeps her relevant. If she really respected her privacy that much she wouldn't be so public with her romances, she wouldn't have gone back to XF, she would have tried to get to #1 without marrying someone she's known for 3 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.