Cheryl - Only Human | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It was #65 or something when it debuted which is higher than most #1's get at that point. I'll stay hopeful.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Loved the performance. She's so captivating to watch.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Yeah, #57 on iTunes. Whatever the weather, this won't be a flop. Although it will be just our luck for Rihanna to release a mid-week stomper in Cheryl's release week.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Someone uploaded her intro video but not the actual performance, I want to watch it again!

[video=youtube;3qK6Fn187vs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qK6Fn187vs[/video]

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

For someone with the publicity machine she has had in the past 4.5 million records in total as a solo artist is pitiful.

And to think she used to be placed in the same bracket as Rihanna by some journalists.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I thought the performance would save this single for me. But if anything it did the opposite. This was pretty lackluster compared to any of her previous lead single performances.

7. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Have you ever been taught what a 'fallacy' is, argument-wise? I could add half your post history to the references.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

4.5million with three albums and seven singles? With a mostly UK market? Pitiful? Really? Your standards must be impossibly high.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The performance (the dancing) was great but sadly the song is still dreadful.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It sucks as a Girls Aloud fan to basically be stuck with a one person Girls Aloud featuring the member I initially liked the least, and with inferior music. Like, I'd give her no notice if she weren't Girls Aloud related, but when a group breaks up and you're a fan of them, it's almost like you're a member of a nation that ceased to exist. Girls Aloud refugees clinging to Cheryl Cole for life.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

This is beautiful.

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Ten should have been called The Whole is Greater than the Sum of it's Parts.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

What's with the "rita wishes" tag here? Rita is a much better singer with a more successful music career and as many if not more money-making endorsements. What exactly does she "wish"?

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Calm down, dear. The person is just being facetious.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

No wonder she struggles.

Seriously though, I thought the performance was extremely flat. Now, I'm not a Cheryl fan (to put it mildly) but I can't deny that she usually really sells it with the first performance of a lead single. This whole performance just felt lacking, maybe it's just because the song is so bad that it's impossible for a performance to bring it to life, but even her dancing/choreography wasn't as good as it usually is.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The performance was alright. It was tame for a lead single, I don't think she/her team were trying to hide that it was pre-recorded vocals. The final chorus adlibs especially. Promise This on The X Factor was an amazing performance.

17. K94

K94

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I haven't see the performance yet but should we go back to happier times?:

[video=youtube;VoaLJAZGlrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaLJAZGlrc[/video]

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Yeah, flat was definitely the word. The sax sounded extra pitiful and almost comical and there was no hardcore routine to make up for it. It's kind of insulting that she bothers fiddling with her earpiece so much, like she's hearing anything other than the prerecorded vocal we're hearing (although maybe she's just being extra careful after after Sport Relief).

The staging was cool and she looked not but there was very little spark anywhere else which is genuinely surprising.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She exuded so much star power in the performance that the contrast between her confidence and how terrible the song is was just incredibly jarring.

This is so true.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

[video=youtube;7y8YXcnxfpo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8YXcnxfpo[/video]

It started out great, then it looked like she stopped caring. The saxophone part is still fucking horrendous.

if there's any justice in this world, it'll just miss #1 (it won't), then fall to the lower depths of the Top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.