Cheryl - Only Human | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Can we all at least agree she looked absolutely incredible?

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

This is Popjustice. Irony central. You can expect a lot worse tags if you stumble over to the Jessie J or Mariah thread. Even the Rihanna and Beyonce threads.

I think Rita is yet to have a hit the size of Fight For This Love and an album as big as 3 Words, if we're been pedantic. Rita can be very exasperating to watch live as well. She runs out of breath after about 20 seconds.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She did. I don't understand how a human can look like that, yes she has money but there has to be something there to start with and my god she is just incredible.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It's even more sad when you think of Nadine's performance on that Michael Flatley show on ITV this week. And to think everyone was so sure back in the day that Nadine would be the breakout star of the band. It's funny how things turned out.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Granted, Cheryl Cole doesn't have this problem because she doesn't sing live!

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She did! Such a gorgeous woman.

The song is still quite bad.

Her pre-recorded vocals weren't so far from the studio vocals.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

But Rita has no excuse - it's not like she dances well.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I suppose that's why she fancies herself a singer and release music albums rather than instructional dance videos!

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

My point was, Cheryl's strong point is dancing, so she goes hard. Rita's is singing(?) so perhaps she should do the same, and stick to that.

Honestly, ignore me. I have a vendetta against the woman. But she can sing well. Cheryl's singles destroy her's, however.

Anyway - the only good thing about Crazy Stupid Love is the bridge. I'm sad, because she really is the best pop star we have.

10. K94

K94

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Oh that performance isn't bad at all - she did well but it only highlights how lifeless the song is when put against a energetic routine. Also, I find the hip hop aesthetic so weird for a song like this. I'm not saying she should have come out doing the Charleston but it really doesn't go well together at all.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

As boring as the song is i'm sadly getting into it.......kill me now!!!!

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

That was an awesome performance. Ugh love her so much. Cute when she did the little whistle at the start of Tinie's rap.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The song is still a steaming pile but she's a bloody fantastic performer, isn't she?

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She really sold that in my opinion, but the sax part still didn't work much if at all.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The sax was even worse in a live setting. At least the graphics behind her used the right instrument this time.

Nothing would've made this song Call the Shots, but God it just seems like a little more time/money spent could've done wonders. It has some catchy pieces but the final product just isn't polished enough for a big pop star single. Its release boggles the mind.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I feel like the live performance had a bit more ooomph than the studio version, maybe it's the slightly different vocals, not really sure.

17. K94

K94

One thing I wasn't here for was her attempt to shake her non-existent posterior during Tinie's rap.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I literally can't get this song out of my head and it's driving me mental. I can't sleep.

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

That's exactly what she should have done, in my opinion. It would give the single a strong stylistic angle separate from her others, and frankly, it might help cover the song's many faults. But Cheryl's always latched on to a 'street' aesthetic in her solo career, even though enough years have passed where she doesn't need to draw a line between herself and Girls Aloud.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Parachute had the Ballroom thing going on, she's just a Latin dance routine away from having the skills of a Strictly contestant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.