Cheryl - Only Human | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Hard to believe the same guys were behind the production of this song. Promise This > Call My Name > Crazy Stupid Love > Fight For This Love

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

But you can mould a turd.

3. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Diversity and Little Mix overshadowed her, but it was a decent performance nonetheless. My favorite part was the intro where she's facing the back, and doing that firework lighting move.

4. bythebay

bythebay Guest

Oh yeah because they never write anything negative about Cheryl. Ever.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

When it comes to her performances, the press is rarely negative.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

What?

Pretty much every single article ever written about Cheryl's performances is about how she mimed, and about what a scandalous, terrible thing it is.

And you obviously missed the Cheryl backlash of 2010. Even Heat Magazine were throwing shade Cheryl's way.

You are officially successful in convincing me that some people posting in this thread are just plucking out the negatives for the shits and giggles.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I wish the single was released earlier. July 20th is such a long wait.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

This just really isn't true.

Did anyone make a fuss when she was blatantly caught miming on Sports Relief (or whatever it was?) NO.

Did anyone make a fuss about Saturday's performance even though she was miming and the song is rubbish? NO.

The media always raves about her performances even when they are not up to scratch.

9. Rmx

Rmx

Your tone seems very pointed right now.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I watched the performance on YouTube, and I thought she did very well. If I didn't read this thread regularly, I probably would have enjoyed it even more and not over-analysed it. My mum and dad are pretty good indicators of the general public consensus and they both said she was really good, I reckon it'll reach number 1.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Not people being in denial?

Really? REALLY?!

Cheryl is going back on X-Factor in an attempt to get back in the Press' goodbooks.

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

When will the video premier?

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Propably something about 8pm, but it's not confirmed. I can't wait for this!

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Not forgetting tons more promotion and the chance to perform on the show.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The dance break at the end of that Promise This performance...such a random moment; it doesn't go with the song at all nor is there any attempt to blend it in with the rest of the performance. The choreography itself is also quite clumsy and then it ends really abruptly, the whole thing just seems completely pointless. I'm sure the vocals were discussed to death at the time, but watching it again a few years later it seems clear that she's not singing at all, right? They sound like pre-recorded "live" vocals.

As for Crazy Stupid Love, I don't really know what to think of the BGT performance. She looked great and was clearly giving it her all. I really liked her "dancer" image - Cheryl is clearly a fan of giving a "performance" a la old-school Britney, J Lo etc which I like because not many current pop stars even bother with that anymore, but the performance didn't quite click and seemed a bit laborious. I don't hate the song but it's the only thing I can think of to pinpoint to as a reason for everything not coming together like it should have.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She's posted a clip of the video on Instagram. It looks dark and serious but the song is so light and airy...

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Exactly! I can't imagine this happy summer song with this dark image.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Both her last two videos had similar intros and were also for light and airy songs though.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It looks like a Parachute/Call My Name affair once again (the intro, the colours, the vibe...).

It doesn't suit the song.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

[video=youtube;H8tS5UQmNQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tS5UQmNQM[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.