Cheryl - Only Human | Page 62 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Thoughts:

- At first I thought the video didn't fit the song, but it actually elevates it and gives it more attitude.
    - Her eyes look like Sophie Amogbokpa has only just got her revenge.
    - LOVE the sofa set-up.
    - Her hair looks a bit yellowy in the dance scenes.
    - The close-ups in the white room are a bit... strange?
    - Another set-up would have been nice.
    - A bit generic but her personality fills it.
    - More should have been made of the final 20 seconds.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It's an okay video, she looks good and her dancing is still great, but it's a bit boring and something about her eye makeup is offputting/weird.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It's like a worse version of Call My Name. Also, whoever did her makeup needs be to sacked for that dark-red eyeshadow, she looks like she hasn't slept in weeks during some of it. The dancing is nice and during parts of it, it feels rather joyous and fun, but why couldn't this have been shot on the beach or something?

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Love it! Reminds me of A Public Affair and Sorry.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The repeated booty popping needs to be a new meme.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Her makeup (particularly her eyes) is a bit heavy & her hair looks very yellow. But it's OK I suppose.
    You'd think they'd hire sax players for the chorus.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She looks like Shania Twain.

8. BTG

BTG

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Well, she looks good.

The set-up in the white room is dreadful, mainly because of her make-up.
    She has charisma in spades and she's doing her best to sell it, but there's not much to sell.
    They should have done something a bit aesthetically different for the video. It's a bit 'Old-hat!Cheryl' in the vibe.
    Tinie's dickmatised line is still rancid.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Boring video.

And Tinie's placement here is pretty much the definition of "we ran out of ideas halfway through the song, so let's throw a rapper on the middle 8 and call it a day", no?

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

As always, the camera absolutely loves her and she is working it with the choreography. People can (and do) criticise her for her vocal ability, but I seriously can't think of a single UK female artist that brings anywhere near as much star quality and charisma to the screen, which is also a crucial part of a pop star's appeal.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Really disappointed with the video. As someone else said it's basically Call My Name's uglier sister. The whole mood of it doesn't suit the song in my opinion - it should have been filmed outdoors on the beach or something. It reminds me of when the Sugababes tried to make 'Girls' and 'Freedom' seem cooler than they were by setting the video in an underground club.

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I expected something more colourful so somehow I'm a bit underwhelmed by this although I actually love the song. Also, the video reminded me that she has this "classy" tattoo - I wonder when she will regret it..

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She is beautiful. That tattoo is not. Such a mess.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Someone needs to go back in time and kill whoever invented these 'club' videos.

Borefest. I miss her first two album campaigns.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The video has made the song click with me again, although I still don't get why she has to make herself look so urban. This is a summer pop song, some of those grungy basement scenes were surplus to requirements.

16. BTG

BTG

Someone hasn't watched Dame Jessie J in a video...

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She's smiling all the way through it, which is appropriate as it's pretty much a happy love song, but the rest of the video says DIRTY SEXY CLUB. Like you could play 'Sexy Den' underneath it and it would make more sense.

18. SBK

SBK

Nice video. Like the colours. Shame its for this song.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

At the beginning, the plastic sheets she's walking through makes the place look like a murder basement from a show like The Blacklist or something, and then there's all the people sitting around like they're in a crack den...

She looks phenomenal, though, and the dancing is great. I like the colours, too, but yeah, not the most interesting music video. It's better when on mute.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Dull. Everything surrounding this song is just off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.