Cheryl - Only Human | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Why is everything so shit? I adore Cheryl but I'm so underwhelmed.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I really love Cheryl and I loved this song initially but the Britains Got Talent performance and the video have made me go off this song and I don't know why.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Painfully bland video and she doesn't even look her usual gorgeous self, the make-up is hideous and when she is as thin as she is now her cheeks look a bit too hollow.

I said to my brother that Cheryl's comeback would be huge like her first singles tend to be and what with the X factor exposure but I'm starting to doubt myself.

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She looks so beautiful and bright, she looks just amazing!

I very like the video, i don't imagine this summer happy song with this whole dark scenery, underground and urban style but now i can! It's seriously very cool, dance it's great, and i think the whole video it's like a 2014 Call My Name version.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I loved the video but usually all I need to be happy is a gorgeous dame and some booty popping, which this video delivers in spades. She is so effortlessly gorgeous, I don't know what some of you guys are on about the makeup. I think she looks on-point from start-to-finish, better than she looked in the CMN video when she was trying to work that weird pseudo-bouffant.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I think a 'Beat Of My Drum'-type aesthetic would have suited the song better. Although I realise a lot of people hate that video. But just something a bit brighter, in daylight, with saxophonists.

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I'm fairly certain that for every positive press review of a Cheryl performance I read, there are five more dragging her for filth. I actually don't think I can recall a performance that garnered overwhelmingly positive press at all. The general tone is usually startlingly similar to this thread.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I thought she looked incredible in the Call My Name video, also I really do want at least 3 costume/hair/make-up changes in a video especially when its a pretty bland video.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I don't care what any of you say, the song and video both rule. Sure the song is no 'Promise This', but it's nowhere near as bad as you all are making out. Nowhere near.

Can't wait for this to be huge - you know it will be.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

This needed to be outdoors, the music doesn't suit this underground club/sex dungeon vibe. For one thing, a place like that would never play a song with such a cheesy sax part.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Will someone ever even bother to come up with a music video concept for this woman? Like, seriously, does anybody actually care?

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The video is a bit Maneater/Wow in my eyes.

She's hot but it's just so bland.

13. Dag

Dag

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

She looks so much like Shania Twain, it's uncanny.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I agree. It needed a beach party video. It looks weird to have her smiling and mugging to the camera in the middle of an underground rave. Dancing was on point as always though.

And yes, while the song is not a total disaster, it's definitely not great. The problem is Cheryl set the bar so high with 3 iconic first singles in a row. This song would be fine for Pixie Lott or Alexandra Burke, but Cheryl needed something more, especially to make up for her limited voice. I can't get over the sparse, demo-like production-- barely any instrumentation on verses, grating sax sample, weak rap verse by one of the most D-list rappers possible.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I'm sure she will come back with something better than this! Especially when it's been 12 years.

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It is a well shot video and Cheryl looks really into it.

Like others have said the video treatment doesn't seem to go with the song. Her makeup looks a bit odd but she looks amazing.

Still not won over with the song, the saxophone bits really ruin the momentum.

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I totally agree - it's an insanely catchy song. Don't understand the intense negativity around it.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I don't understand what is happening with this single. Who heard this song and thought a dark,underground club scene would be the perfect showcase for it? Don't get me wrong, Cheryl looks great in the video minus that eyeshadow and the song itself has potential (preferably for someone else).

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Like others have said, the setting doesn't seem to really fit the song and she looks a little off in a few shots. She really sells some others though. My mixed feelings on the song are unchanged, except for some reason it's harder for me to ignore "dickmatised" in the video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.