Cheryl - Only Human | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The video is good but not her best. Cheryl looks stunning though.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Love the video and I don't actually mind the song, it's abit sluggish and tame but I still prefer it to Fight For This Love.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I hadn't heard of him before, but just looked him up.

Fuck, what a horrible CV. I think "generic" must be his raisonn d'ĂȘtre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Tilley

4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Ok the video should have been the exact opposite. A Blurred Lines type affair with her holding random objects and pulling faces.Lighthearted with some friends and freestyle dance. I also am having trouble recognizing her as Cheryl so blond.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

The video couldn't be more perfect marketing wise if it tried! Take a song that's general sound is as far away from nightclub territory as could be, show Chezza having the time of her life in a dark night club spot with lots of people also enjoying and dancing to said song and voila! A whole new market to skew. Subliminally dj's feel more inclined to play it in bars / clubs and people feel more inclined to dance to it. I think I remember reading a few pages back that this came on in a club and the dancefloor cleared, well I think they have done the smartest thing they could with this video, partly solved that dilemma and I don't imagine the same response next time around.

Lots of my friends are already texting me saying they've changed their opinion of the song.

song felt so out of place with the video, but at the same time cleverly adds a whole new layer to its market.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It reminds me of a slightly updated version of 'I'm a Slave 4U'

7. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Yes and as we know that small minority of negative press has totally ended her career.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I really like the video, ok maybe it is too dark for the song, but its still a fun video, the choreography is better here than BGT and its made me enjoy the song more. So its done its job for me anyway.

My favourite video is still Under The Sun.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Has it been pointed out how much she looks like Kylie on the single cover?

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

A couple of times haha!

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Definitely Sexy Den A Mutha!

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I feel so dissapointed in this. I don't even know why, I absolutely loved the song initially but my love for it seems to have dissapeared after that video. I literally am in love with Cheryl but it really does feel like there's something missing with all this and I'm annoyed at myself for feeling that way!

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Wow, that video doesn't suit the song at all. It was actually quite jarring to watch for me... Almost as if they had another song in mind when making it. Not like any kind of amazing video could have saved this song though, so it doesn't mean much.

Laughing quite hard at this. Sorry.

She has gotten so far on just her beauty, I actually find it quite fascinating.

Haha! Stay classy, Tinie.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  14. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

OK I know this is a void argument but the IRONY with that avi. Cheryl has more personality than those 5 mannequins combined.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Oh it's a bit like Billie's Day & Night video when it first starts lol

16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

It's actually more musically similar to her Girls aloud material than her own previous solo output.

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Yes, it is absolutely a Girls Aloud song. The trumpets would sound better, of course, but it's very much like something Brian would cook up in Kent.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I think the single cover doesn't fit in with the theme of this era' outfits.

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Oh Kirkland, I thought better of you.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

You will respect me even when you disagree with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.