Cheryl - Only Human | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Cheryl - Only Human

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Call My Name, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Stars Dance is better than anything Cheryl has released.

2. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Stars Dance is a terrible album. I have no idea why it gets praised around here. Cheryl's albums aren't any better, mind you. Selena has a few good songs. Cheryl has a few good songs. They're both big enough stars you'd think they'd be getting better material then they do.

3. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Cheryl always wins though cos...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  4. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

There's little incentive to give them better songs. Their core fanbase will buy their music regardless of the quality. Since they both release very few singles, it would also be a waste to give them more than a handful of good songs.

I'd say A Million Lights and Stars Dance are on par in terms of quality. Selena's voice is tolerable when at its weakest whereas Cheryl's voice isn't, though.

5. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Star Dance is a terrible album, Cheryl albums can never be compared to that boring and outdated album. What an insult to Chez, even Messy Little Raindrops was better then that.

I agree with someone on ONTD saying if you seen one Cheryl video you have seen them all now it comes with that tacky tattoo.

6. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Yep. Miles and miles better.

7. K94

K94

Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Stars Dance is a 7/10 through and through.

8. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I don't agree. Maybe I don't feel Selena's sound as much as others do, but I like Cheryl's albums more.

9. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Cheryl's only good album was Messy Little Raindrops though. A Million Lights had some very good songs, and then some absolute stinkers. Messy Little Raindrops gave us Yeah Yeah, Amnesia and Raindrops and for that I am thankful.

Stars Dance is about 6.5/10. Like A Million Lights, some very very good songs and then some forgettable ones.

10. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I totally agree your opinion. I have the same.

11. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Promise This, Yeah Yeah, Amnesia, Humming Bird... all good from Messy Little Raindrops.

12. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I suspect not, as she was still talking Nikko Hurtado (the artist) up in her R1 interview last week. Nikko is an extremely talented artist and in the tattoo community it's considered a great privilege to be tattooed by him. Sadly that is not his best work - his portraits are amazing. I personally think it was a wasted opportunity to have him offer up so much of his time (whether she paid or not) and then have him tattoo giant roses that most middling-to-good artists could knock out.

13. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I have not met anyone that liked Messy Little Raindrops though. That for me is her worst album her best is A Million Lights.

14. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I like it.

15. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

3 Words is the only album of hers that I can listen to all the way through. The other 2 have some agonising moments I have to skip. Namely; Live Tonight, Let's Get Down, Raindrops, The Flood, Craziest Things, A Million Lights, Love Killer and Boys Lie.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  16. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

I especially like Boys Lie, it's a great song to be honest.
    But the fact it's - Messy it's her worse album, A Million Lights it's the best.

17. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

A Million Lights is her best album, but I admired how dedicated she was to the 3 Words project, even if I wasn't bawled over by the results.

18. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Raindrops is her worst song to date.

I loved Star Dance...

19. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Her voice is so grating on Raindrops.

20. Re: Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (released July 20th) + 4th Album discussion

Me too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.