Chistina Aguilera's new single is produced by... | The Popjustice Forum

Chistina Aguilera's new single is produced by...

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by outsync, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ...Tricky Stewart!

There's talk of a July release.

2. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Damn, I was hoping for Scott Storch.

3. I'm quite excited. She's never made a great album (I think Stripped was largely shit. Don't hit me.) but she definitely has the potential... and I think Tricky could bring out the best in her. I want something urban-poppy.

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I was hoping for RedOne. For comedy value.

5. I'm excited about this.
    I think.

6. I was hoping for Steve Albini....or maybe Rick Rubin.

Well, it would be different...

7. Let's hope the song is better than the people involved. Tricky and Claude Kelly don't exactly scream "good song" to me.

If they vessel the vibe of "Genie in a Bottle 2.0" into something similarly sexy and slinky as Ciara's "Keep Dancin' On Me" with a bit more oomph and commercial accessibility we could have a hit on our hands. It might be a game-changer for Ags, that's what I want from her.

8. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Excuse me? Tricky Stewart, one half of the best album of the year ('Love vs Money') and best girl group album of the year ('How to be a lady')?

9. I was hoping for Yoko Ono.

Not really.

I'm looking forward to this. July seems very quick to me though. Not that I'd mind but July is next week!

10. Tricky is the producer/co-producer of so many brilliant R&B moments:

Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
    Gym Class Heroes - Cookie Jar
    Mariah Carey - Obsessed
    Mary J Blige - Just Fine
    Rihanna - Umbrella

That's talent!

11. What are the most recent pictures of Christina? With a new album campaign she needs to refresh her look. Last I saw her hair looked a mess and the make-up was not doing her any favours...

12. What would Scott Storch bring that Tricky Stewart wouldn't? (genuine question)

13. RED ONE! CHRIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTINA!

14. wow he did a great job on The Dream's Love vs Money!!!!

15. Haha, F.U.S.S.

I'm excited for this!

16. Who didn't?

17. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

I totally agree with the "refreshment" of X-tina's image, cos the red lip thing is sooooo tired, but from the looks of it she ain't gonna be getting rid of it, now that she due to star in that Burlesque movie with Cher.

18. what happened to her working with Ladytron? I love it when artists that I don't usually like work with artists I love, so I'm really disappointed if nothing's going to come of this.

19. I'm excited.

20. I've got a bad feeling about this latest album. I loved "Genie 2.0" when it first debuted (mostly because of how underwhelming "Keeps Gettin' Better" was, but I really hope whatever she does just sounds fresh and not trying to hard to be boxed into a particular genre or image she's decided to go with this album...

Who's not been involved in anything worth listening to in years?! (with the exception of "Side Effects" from Mariah's last album).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.