Chloe Bailey - “Have Mercy” + Debut Album | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Chloe Bailey - “Have Mercy” + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by superultra, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Even if they were beefing, Brendon and Breyton need to stay out of this.

2. Apologies for being so late, but I just heard this for the first time while out tonight and WHEW! I really hope some TikToker makes this go viral, it's so good.

3. It's been viral ddd.

superloves and Lately like this.
  4. She is sickening.

5. The you better f*u*c**ing pay attention at the end took me out .

6. Superstar.

spaceship likes this.
  7. The second ‘laffy taffy’ part getting cut out in both performances so far is not my fantasy. It’s the best bit of the song!

lushLuck, Lately and Cordyceps like this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She is a lethal performer fuuuuck.

9. You may find me living at the 3:28 run for the next few days.

10. I like this much better than the VMAs performance.

Mr Blonde and Lately like this.
  11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I liked it much more than the VMAs one, but it still felt a bit disjointed between showcasing her musicianship, her vocals, and her stage presence. I cut her slack because she's stepping out on her own + finding a cohesive blend of everything that she's talented at is always preferred than being one of these girls that do the bare minimum.

Mr Blonde, Wishlight, Lately and 12 others like this.
  12. There's a viral tweet going around that's basically saying "Y'all say Chloe does too much because you are used to your faves doing the absolute bare minimum." Which, tea.

I preferred this performance to the VMAs as well. Especially loved the camp ridiculousness of the "Big Booty Sonata in C# Minor." I absolutely adore Chloe though and I appreciate the absolute reckless abandon and ferocity she is putting into these performances. I am chalking it up a bit though to finding her own voice and vibe as a soloist. There was such a confident, sexy, coolness to her performances with Halle, but here it comes across a little like she's desperately trying to prove something...which she absolutely doesn't have to because she's a force, the total package, and a talent that few in her field can even begin to match. I can't wait to see what she does next though, as I know it's going to be thrilling and unexpected.

Wishlight and Lost In Japan. like this.
  13. Heyyyy Miss Chloe!

14. I think Halle grounds Chloe in a way that makes them stronger together, but it's so much fun watching Chloe go full popstar like that. She's so theatrical!

Atletico likes this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

There's definitely a way to incorporate her ability to use instrumentation and her vocal range together rather than separately, and then transition to a traditional pop performance. Gaga did it with the help of acoustic-piano intros, so I think Chloe has much room to further massage her potential live. Right now, both of her solo showings just seem to have sooooooo much energy and talent, but not the decisive execution to make them run coherently. I'm excited to see where she goes bc the video shows that she can make a popping visual. I just want to see that delivered in a live setting.

Mr Blonde, Wishlight, Lately and 7 others like this.

16. Exactly, I was waiting for her to stop the piano and for dancers to appear or her to SLAY the next corus performing and this never happened. Maybe it's on me / us since we've come to expect it but maybe Chloe has other ideas, who knows. When she gets to successfully merge the two... whew!

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.