Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album) | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. A tad disappointed it's not predicted to go top 10 but a top 20 album for relatively new artists and not much promo opportunities at the moment is nothing to frown about . Especially as there debut 1st album I don't think even ended going top 40. Hopefully a single takes off chart wise which will make the album rise in the future as this album is just way to good to not get it's rightful shine !

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. All the quarantine promo performances I've seen for The Today Show have been better than when artists actually visit the show.

3. This album should be fighting for number one but I hope they at least manage Top 20 in the end.

nooniebao and Bobbyrae like this.
  4. STREAM STREAM STREAM.

5. I had a few drinks and completely sunk into my bed to this album. This is rich. Decadent.

TRAVVV likes this.
  6. The way Tipsy is 2:33 of them threatening to kill men
    [​IMG]

Every song on this album
    [​IMG]

7. I think as they’re still fairly new people are going to take time to find their music. But when Halle does Little Mermaid (and slays it) I cannot wait for the uptick in interest they’re going to get. I’m so excited, it’s like they’re just on the cusp of really blowing up.

slaybellz, He, inevitable and 4 others like this.
  8. I think it's also their younger fanbase is people who don't even care about albums.

Add to this no bundles or physicals plus a release during the weirdest times...

lushLuck likes this.
  9. This has turned into my morning album before work. Their harmonies and ad libs are so good.

sesita likes this.
  10. The album is FANTASTIC.

selectual likes this.
  11. SMG

SMG

This is incredible.

12. -M-

-M-

A collaboration that absolutely needs to happen.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. Obsessed with this album. ‘Don’t Make It Harder On Me’ is my current fave along with ‘Ungodly Hour’ herself.

14. Both Tinashe and JoJo have been vocal about stanning this album (R&B legends having taste, we love to see it!) and in an ideal world I would love all four of them to unite and give us a Lady Marmalade type jam. Ugh, the vocal gymnastics of it all!!!

15. I really think this is a long-tail album rather than something that was ever going to immediately smash – those numbers are decent for an act that size with barely any promo, but I'm positive this is going to do really well over the course of this year on word of mouth alone.

I fully expect to see it in lots of end of year lists.

16. This is a truly beautiful album and insanely replayable. I love how they can transport us with familiar soundscapes without sounding too referential or derivative. The production is intricate but not overbearing - it glints with airiness.

17. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Y'all have to remember that their first album debuted at #139.

Obviously Top 10 would be ideal, but #15 (or basically any placement in the Top 40) is an incredible showing and a huge improvement for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.