Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album) | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. better than

?

2. I'm listening to this album right now and my god, it's so good?? Ungodly Hour, the song, is huge and Busy Boy coming after with that reminiscent late 90s/early 00s r&b feel to it, ugh. Perfection.

He, K94, FridayNight and 8 others like this.
  3. This was a cute interview !

4. Good morning! This album has steamrolled over Sawayama, good to know and Future Nostalgia as my favourite album of the year. A fucking masterpiece.

4Roses, Superloves and LeBratt like this.
  5. Every song on this album is just growing each day, right? They're all stuck in my head, everything is flawless with this release so far.

colouroffensive likes this.
  6. All songs are on my Monthly Spotify Top 50 already with three in the Top 10. The replayability!

4Roses, nooniebao and LeBratt like this.
  7. With each additional listen, every song just continues to flourish. I was listening to it on my big speakers and the ad-libs that just creep up on you are so fucking divine.

Sleepycat and LeBratt like this.
  8. The way the vocal delivery on Tipsy actually does sound tipsy, and more than a little reckless. Their minds.

K94, FridayNight, sexercise and 4 others like this.
  9. Lonely better get some praise, with its pulsating percussive beat and those surefire harmonies - she's a highlight. This is all such a tight, cohesive effort. We are so blessed.

10. God this album is tight as fuck. Hard to pick favourites even but Lonely, Ungodly Hour, Harder On Me and Babygirl are really taking me there. I love the way their vocals glide effortlessly into upper register giving it a kind of operatic feel sometimes. It's the most fun R&B album in forever.

wintersleep, sesita, 4Roses and 2 others like this.
  11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Chloe producing Baby Girl and Tipsy all on her own is legend shit. She's literally only 21, I'm shaking at the growth we're about to witness with these two. They're such a fiercely talented duo and they deserve the world.

There's something so fascinating about this album, I can't quite put it into words but it feels like such an effortless and dynamic fusion of different styles. The production is seriously so immaculate.

He, 2014, K94 and 24 others like this.
  12. The title track sounds reminds me of Control-era Janet. The themes and mood of the whole album too. Mommy's impact.

13. Is the lyric truly "I look like bae"?

I could have sworn it was "I look like Bey".

14. Yes I think Lonely is my favorite! But Ungodly Hour, Forgive Me, and Do It are so close.

Succcchhh an amazing album. Just today learned how involved Chloe is with the production and that's seriously impressive and exciting.

Sail On likes this.
  15. Unreleased song played on Instagram Live earlier tonight:

sesita and FINISH LINE like this.
  16. One of the better records of the year. These two are madly talented.

17. This is my third most played album of the year (behind Future Nostalgia and Miss Anthropocene) after a week, help.

K94, FridayNight, Mr Blonde and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.