Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TasteIt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. I genuinely think this album is almost flawless, I even like the song with Swae Lee lol!

2. I haven't seen nearly enough love for Baby Girl. I think it works as one of the more straightforward pop songs on the album and that "do it for the girls" refrain is absolutely infectious.

3. Love this one. ROYL is a highlight, too.

4. ROYL live at Global Citizen

Not them making me suddenly like the song I probably like the least on the album a whole lot more . They really coming to take over !

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Superloves, Mr.Arroz, 3Xs and 5 others like this.
  5. He

He

This is incredible. The vocals, the harmonies, the melodies, the production. It's all so fresh.

edit: I'm just so impressed by the sheer quality and talent on display. They are such stars. I cannot imagine them not having long careers if they are so proficient at this age.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  6. Forgive Me and Do It at The Bet Awards. A SERVE !

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 3:48 AM
    4Roses, FINISH LINE, Someboy and 16 others like this.
  7. The star power, the looks, the cinematography... holy fuck. That was amazing.

8. Amazing.

Someboy likes this.
  9. Chloe x Halle's consistency in reworking their performances and giving us variety is what this hell year needed.

10. Lol! Imagine that!

11. ROYL jumped out at me this weekend... it's a moment. I thought the chorus hook was a sample. It sounds very familiar. It's giving me like... M.I.A. sampling the Pixies / Santigold.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  12. Fuck, that BET performance!!! Everything they’ve done this era is a masterclass I swear.

13. Woah that ROYL performance has completely sold the song for me they’re quickly becoming one of my favourite acts of the year.

14. I'm going through this for the first time and hoo lush. Love the title track and Tipsy?! Entirely out of left field for me.

R92, Subwaykid and He like this.
  15. oh my god

16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I’m always a bit skeptical of the Beyoncé angle of their origin story, but clearly, she loves them enough to loan out her pre-rec producer.

17. “Skeptical” how?

18. Still can’t stop playing this album. It’s becoming my go-to for anything. Cooking, yoga, music to work to - it works for every occasion! Listening to this back to back with good to know is R&B heaven.

19. I highly suggest this cover of Wonder What She Thinks Of Me. London theatre goers may remember Liisi from the recent Dreamgirls revival:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020 at 9:11 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.