Christina Aguilera - AGUILERA | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - AGUILERA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Wow, this new song is amazing. The vocals, the drama, the way I was expecting an acoustic ballad and instead got a proper journey. What a serve.
    Great to know we'll get the third EP soon, too.

LPT likes this.
  2. I am blown away by the song and the video!

tj-x and Maki like this.
  3. She looks amazing in the new video. Wow.

Maki likes this.
  4. Do we log off before or after we watch the video? Someone didn’t quite think that one through.

5. Oof... the vinyl looks pretty, that price is not. The digital edition only having 2 bonus tracks? Sigh.

poshbabyyy and Mr.Arroz like this.
  6. The digital reissue cover is heinous but the vinyl is pretty! Still not paying $47 though

I'm looking forward to Benny's take on Beautiful, too. I wonder if it's an unreleased remix from 2002 in the style of his Sfaction days or a new version

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    Verandi likes this.
  7. She couldn’t have tacked on That’s What Love Can Do or the Dame Lo Que Yo Te Doy?

Inky, Maki and andru like this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The vinyl market pivoting into colored variants with ridiculous prices... nah son. I'm fine with standard black.

mindtrappa, 1986 and Andy French like this.
  9. $33 delivery to the UK?! WTF

10. I hate these half assed anniversary issues. There is so many remixes they could have added and b sides, demos, not to mention they could have chucked out a live album from the tour.

11. I was really hoping for, like, new artwork with a booklet full of imagery from the era and commentary... maybe a bonus disc with remixes. Disappointing to see that it's only a new variant with some foil lettering on the cover dd.

The fact Miranda Penn Turin has been pulling up outtakes for the last couple years had me more excited than I should have been, I guess.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  12. Stripped, Back to Basics, and Bionic have 3 of the best album shoots/artwork of the 21st century. Flawless.

Honestly, throw Keeps Gettin’ Better in there too. Underrated!

13. One song and a remix on an anniversary edition? Gurl...

Also, the vinyl is already sold out.

14. I’ll always wonder what the songs intended for Stripped she was working on with Dallas Austin would’ve sounded like. I know that Kelly Clarkson’s Miss Independent is an outtake, but is it true that she was presented an early version of Gwen Stefani’s Cool by Dallas?

Andy French and Maki like this.
  15. Yeah, Dallas Austin said he played her a version of "Cool" before Gwen wrote on it.

She was also supposed to get Alicia's "If I Ain't Got You" but I don't believe she ever recorded it.

16. Stripped 20 with a cover like this?
    Yes.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 10.26.38 PM.png

chromatica, Blue6010, Mikal and 9 others like this.
  17. Wow, I’m guessing Alicia pitched it to her during the sessions they had that resulted in her recording Impossible?

mindtrappa likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.