Christina Aguilera - AGUILERA | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - AGUILERA

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Such a missed opportunity. I'm kind of mad.

I think that's what Alicia said. But her A&R said no, so she gave Xtina a new track.

Edit - okay so it wasn't even pitched, just something she was thinking of doing nn:

RainOnFire, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  2. What an insane sliding doors moment ddd. Alicia wouldn’t be Alicia without If I Ain’t Got You so thankfully it stayed hers.

Fuchsia likes this.
  3. I would love to hear Christina singing ''If I Ain't Got You'' but yes, Alicia killed it.

Now, you can't make me believe there's not one outtake of ''Stripped''. Even Avril gave us ''Breakaway''.

maikos87, sesita and Maki like this.

4. This is so criminally underrated, honestly one of my faves from the era. Sad to see it not get a re-release of any sort.

tylerc, jawow_ and AndrewX like this.
  5. AGUILERA physical CD is up for preorder on Amazon for a December release. No idea how legitimate this is.

https://a.co/d/8sxBCA6

poshbabyyy, Sunny B, jawow_ and 6 others like this.
    1. I Will Be (B-Side to Dirrty)
    2. Beautiful (Benny Benassi Remix)
    are the new digital bonuses.

6. So, by this point it's safe to assume there really aren't any more La Luz/Aguilera songs coming, right? This really has been one of the messiest album rollouts I've ever witnessed.

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Ordered!

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I want to believe that maybe we're getting a deluxe edition down the line but who knows.

The difference between how immaculately La Fuerza was handled and the other "EPs" (does La Luz even count as an EP) is astonishing. And it's a shame because like others have said, in terms of content, we probably got more out of this era than her past three eras combined. But the rollout was like... unorganized would be one thing but it really was just flat-out messy.

nooniebao, Island, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  9. Stripped really did that.

10. No vinyl release for this one then?

11. Sad we didn’t get “Under Her Spell”, but maybe we’ll get a better reissue for the 25th or the 50th nn.

Leopold and Maki like this.
  12. The remix of "Beautiful", Benny's done so much better. Meh.

13. I can but don't want to believe that a album as important as stripped is getting such a piss poor anniversary edition

14. Do we know why Under Her Spell was allegedly shelved if it was supposed to be the 1st single at some point?

Maki likes this.
  15. If it was one of the songs produced by Dallas Austin... that's why.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.