Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man [video] | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man [video]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Toxicated, Jun 21, 2006.

1. She has never looked this good on her videos.

2. I really don't get what she's thinking.

I mean, she looks great in the video (except for when she's listening to the headphones--does Halle Berry know she stole her X-Men wig?)...but as you said, it's nothing special.

In fact, given that we all know she's doing this "blues throwback" thing, this video concept seems extremely predictable and boring.

Good to see that she still disguises her lack of dancing ability with the old "drop my ass to the floor and spread my legs" move.

What really frustrates me is the entire concept of this album...the intro song in this video (I'm guessing it's called "Trouble?") is FANTASTIC.  Christina really sounds like a classic blues singer, and she even reigns in her crazy oversinging shit to sound, well, classic.

Had she wanted to record a legitimate blues/jazz album, she could have.  It probably would have won her a ton of Grammies and a LOT of respect.

This "Ain't No Other Man" style, which is neither contemporary nor classic sounding enough, just disappoints.  I would rather have heard a real jazz album.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see the record-buying public attaching to this the way she hopes they will...

3. I do think overall it sounds fairly similar to her first album. But then, at least she's back to being as thin as she was in her first album. Hope she tries getting herself back in to the Come On Over white outfit again!

4. It's called 'I Got Trouble' as I've been told by an avid Xtina fan from another forum. I think it must be the song (or one of...) which was recorded with an actual mic from that era, you can tell from the audio, and it's brilliant too I agree!

5. I would have been more impressed with the video if she hadnt have done the same thing with nelly. The thing that made the stripped period so amazing was that with each video you never knew what style or concept you would get. I hope she mixes it up a liitle more for the rest of the album but am loving the track.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.