Christina Aguilera - General Discussion | Page 1302 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RhythmNative, Nov 30, 2006.

1. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

That’s just... how she sings it? I honestly don’t mind it.

Not us having this discussion again...

lushLuck, An Insider and soratami like this.
  2. I think 99% of the time she is spot on but I used to think she got a little bit ‘over enthusiastic’ with it earlier on in her career when she did one-off performances.

i want that huge amethyst

3. If y'all have heard the Christmas album then you know Xtina went into it with something to prove. She was tired of being compared to her peers as another bubblegum popstar, so she did what she had to do. This performance is just an extension of that, she's staying true to her Christmas vision from 2000.

4. Me putting Wonder Woman toys and Nintendo games on my Christmas list in 2020.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I still have a free download of a live performance of this song that was given away on christina-a.com in 1999... and it sounds just like this, with all the runs intact.

Queen of consistency!

Staticboombox, tombiz and lushLuck like this.
  6. If you don't like big riffs, runs and adblids, what are you doing checking on Christina Aguilera? That's on you.

Staticboombox, tj-x, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  7. It just seemed more drastic than usual in that performance but I can appreciate that this probably became a tired discussion RE: Christina well over a decade ago.

BreatheBox likes this.
  8. I love her big riffs runs and ad-libs usually but the big riffs runs and ad-libs in that particular performance was just...Not it...Just like on most of the songs from her Christmas record (except have yourself a Merry little Christmas I love that one!), that is the only album of hers I can never listen to, makes me dizzy.

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I just think it's fun. Christina's oversinging is part of the package and I'd feel duped if I didn't get that. I want my complicated melismas and insane runs, yes giveittomenow.mp4

Obviously it's amazing when you get subtler moments - I'd say it's pretty inarguable that she held back more than ever on Liberation, which worked incredibly well on moments like "Right Moves" and "Pipe" - but at the end of the day, Christina can run and riff and ad-lib like nobody's business and I want all of it.

Compare that to someone like Demi who is literally just loud and that's it. She has no shades to her voice like Christina, and every vocal run I've ever heard her do sounded extremely laboured like she had to practice it fifty times before somewhat making it work.

Also @BEST FICTION we need a gif of her giggling and ducking out of the camera from that Instagram video, please and thanks!

10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

NOT this account getting suspended.

@BEST FICTION ha power.

HairBodyFace, Fuchsia, jawow_ and 8 others like this.
  11. Every tongue that rises against Xtina shall fall.

[​IMG]

12. Oh y'all thought the Billionaire Tour was over? Tonight she's covering the SAP Virtual Holiday Party.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serving Lara Croft for billionaire corporations but not her fans <3

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  13. The Billionaire Tour must be the longest running tour in pop gurl history! Legend!

Larsen, Guyhawke!, QueenB and 6 others like this.
  14. Isn’t her Christmas album generally considered to be an over sung mess?
    I adore pretty much everything she’s ever put out but never warmed to it. I’d be kinda here for her to do a new one with some originals.

15. I honestly think she does it now because it feels right to her, not out of something to prove. Girl is feeling it.

londonrain likes this.
  16. 90 minutes til it hits midnight in LA and Xtina officially turns 40.

17. OKKK!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2020
  18. Can't believe she turns 40... where did time goes?

19. I had a bit of a "wow, Christina Aguilera is FORTY???" moment before I remembered that I'm also 40 and was at uni when Genie In A Bottle came out.

Anyway, happy birthday Christina!

lushLuck, LPT, tj-x and 1 other person like this.
  20. Happy 40th, Legend. Forever grateful!

tombiz, sesita, Sail On and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.