Christina Aguilera - General Discussion | Page 1310 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RhythmNative, Nov 30, 2006.

1. The lips on those briefs, I am SCREAMING.

Jamie likes this.
  2. Lazy even to spend 30 minutes on creating a valuable merch.

Iconic.

Inky, tombiz and john2y like this.

3. Is that Madame X?

Leader Beans likes this.
  4. GodTina was Madam X well before Madonna came up with that invented story about Martha Graham.

Poker Pro likes this.
  5. Am I the only one who just didn't enjoy Liberation?

Daniel_O and dirtypony like this.
  6. I don't get back to it a lot, but I enjoyed it at the time. The first few tracks are rocky, but once you hit Right Moves I think its solid from there on out. Deserve and Unless It's With You should be Xtina standards. Each of Christina's post- peak albums have at least one song that truly deserved to be a smash: Bionic had Woohoo, Lotus had Your Body and Let There Be Love, and Liberation had Deserve.

7. I would enjoy it even more if my vinyl - apparently the last one the store had - would have not gotten lost in the mail recently. A real bummer.

8. Liberation is one of my favourite albums from her and feel she got the right balance of ballads and mid tempos.

colouroffensive and LPT like this.
  9. It has some nice songs and Twice is one of her best songs ever, but other than that, I'm not a big fan of the album.

bonnieetclyde and londonrain like this.
  10. This feels like a parody post from stanwars.com

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Overdose, LPT, fancygreen and 4 others like this.
  11. Honestly, cut tracks 1-6 and we'd have a very solid set. That first stretch is just so tedious, it kills the album for me before it even has a chance to get its feet off the ground.

12. I swear I read these stone cold takes on Liberation at least once every few months in this thread nn

Andy French, BEST FICTION and Jwentz like this.
  13. Fall in Line thru Unless It's With You makes a killer album, one of her best.

14. I don't know what it is exactly. The album just leaves me feeling a bit cold. I like a handful of songs (Fall in Line, Deserve, Twice) and that's about it. I think Sick of Sittin' is possibly one of my least-favourite Aguilera songs.

londonrain likes this.
  15. The camp 60s superhero aesthetic would have fit Bionic so well.

This should have also been the music video for Keeps Getting Better:

LPT, nooniebao, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  16. Not this Madame X fanart ffff

Larsen and chasingthepast like this.
  17. The second and fourth images are not fan art. They are included in the original Bionic booklet. That’s why there were jokes here about Madonna following Xtina’s suit when Madame X was announced.

18. Bionic art direction is godly

LPT, nooniebao, 4Roses and 5 others like this.
  19. Stripped, Back to Basics, Keeps Gettin' Better, and Bionic all had incredible art direction. Which is why Lotus was so horrifying - it wasn't that it was a dreadful cover and boring shoot, its that it was a dreadful cover and boring shoot on the heels of a career of incredible album art.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.