Christina Aguilera - Liberation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewer: "Any new music on the horizon?"

Xtina: "Yes, I'm working on my new album and I'm very inspired right now."

Interview: "Any hints as to when it'll be out"

Xtina: *laughs* "Soon" *laughs* "I can't just, throw an album out there! It takes time. I need to be inspired!"

Interviewer: "But you just said you were inspired"

Xtina: *laughs*

Interviewer: "Any new music on the horizon?"

Xtina: "Yes, I'm working on my new album and I'm very inspired right now."

Interview: "Any hints as to when it'll be out"

Xtina: *laughs* "Soon" *laughs* "I can't just, throw an album out there! It takes time. I need to be inspired!"

Interviewer: "But you just said you were inspired"

Xtina: *laughs*

And the angry lady who follows Xtina around the red carpet will be aggressively tapping the interviewer to wrap up the questions as soon as they mention new music.

So a Christina Aguilera performance is circumventing expectations to use a big award show to launch a new single to instead perform a posthumous tribute to a big voiced dead diva?

0xLKW.gif

She also looked stunning.

It’s ridiculous but a part of me is hoping that this is the kick off of the new era. Give us a buzz single or release date or album title. Get us going!

I love the look its very refreshing and has peaked my interest which means I'm more likely to be disappointed the life of a hard-core xtina fan is tramatic , the performance was good it just wasnt stunning , Christina usually succeeds at tributes this just felt a bit flat

I have to agree that it felt a little bit... dry. It was perfectly good, don't get me wrong, and I can't begin to say how happy I am to watch Christina perform on a major live event again, but I wish it could've gone an extra mile. It would've been lovely if this had been her own "Gaga at the Oscars" moment of resurgence and rekindling the GP's love for her.

He/They
It was a good performance, but a little, let me sing the two biggest songs to honour Whitney and The Bodyguard... When she could have thrilled more with a Queen Of The Night or Run To You.

I don't know if it's just because she never performs anymore and I'm craving an album and a tour to follow, but I thought it was a great performance. She felt so happy and humble about performing these songs, with a solid vocal performance. I didn't realize that I've missed her voice so much. What I find so fascinating about Christina's voice is that it's so unique, which is both her greatest asset and her biggest disadvantage. Her voice is stunning, but I love that she seems more open to use her softer side and just let her tone shine. She is great at emoting, but her voice is so powerful that when she belts it can almost be overwhelming. So it's great to see her sing a bit more nuanced and softer, because for me it makes her even greater as a vocalist.

The internet really is being a bitch to Christina today, the way some people are going on about the performance you would of thought she went on stage with a cardboard cutout of Whitney and vomited on it .

The performance would have been a lot better if she had a kick ass statement gown/outfit, better lights and stage. Everything else was perfect - the vocals, the delivery, the emotion. She did seem a tad nervous but it was a great. She sounded amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.