Christina Aguilera - Liberation | Page 347 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - Liberation

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Not feeling this AT ALL.

Regardless of how i feel about trap (meaning i kind of hate it) hip-hop is as broad as pop so diminishing it and generalizing as one thing is a bit...dumb.

W0ll likes this.
  2. This is such a strange song...I'm honestly having trouble compiling my thoughts about it. To say it's caught me off guard would be an understatement.

Tigerlily and QueenB like this.
  3. I’m digging the song now, but I cannot for the life of me imagine it on the radio.

4. He produced or collaborated in two songs.

5. Oh, it is. There are some highlights, but overall, it's so beneath Christina. Actually, her big sin there was making a big pop album without the decent choruses you need to pull it off. But, it's eight years later, and she's got her groove back, so let's hope it extends through the full album.

justFurio and Chris_P like this.
  6. Can we put a million likes on this post please?

You don't like Accelerate? You can still go discuss the smash hit that YES was (not) in Louisa thread, bye.

7. No, it's not your language. It's just for us.

[​IMG]

Slice of Life, LTG, Doenjang and 9 others like this.
  8. We are talking about the woman who pretty much decided to take most of her thirties off from music. I really doubt she gives a shit about being played on the radio

9. Just listened... I won’t be listening again.

snoho, Macanudo, rymc730 and 3 others like this.
  10. I never said she did... Just that I can’t imagine it happening!

Radio is dead though anyway so ignore me.

11. Xtina finally comes up with an innovative, left-leaning lead single -- and now some fans are lamenting we didn't get 2010 pop-by-numbers. We've already been there kids -- it's called "Let There Be Love". Christina just can't win with some people.

My only gripe is she straight-up jacked Miley's Dead Petz aesthetic for the video. Good place to steal from and looks amazing, but it is even more literal than the Not Myself Tonight video ripping Express Yourself.

Maki, Larsen, Vixen and 9 others like this.
  12. Funniest part is that this "no-rap-or-hip-hop-please" nonsense is happening on the Christina Aguilera thread. Y'all know there hasn't been a single album from her that had zero R&B/Hip-Hop influences, right?

godspeed, LTG, Vixen and 7 others like this.
  13. Uno

Uno

Hard pass. No thank you.

14. Listen, I love Miley more than most of the forum, but she didn't invent tit tape or eating glitter. Not Myself Tonight was explicitly a tribute to Express Yourself. Yath to the first part of your post though.

15. If your language includes such winners as Prima Donna, Glam, and Vanity, songs Christina would have made fun of other popstars making, then I'll happily be excluded!

16. I was immediately reminded of Dead Petz as well.

17. I like it? It's not what I expected from Christina in 2018 but I'm digging the disjointed aspects to it. Come through.

Maki likes this.
  18. Love how full, bent, uneven and bubbly this song is. I am in shock honestly, never in my wildest dreams did I dare to even hope she would put out something like THIS

zacagay, Slice of Life, tj-x and 2 others like this.
  19. So people cant' be interested in her career and album because they don't like her song? Wheww

20. But those are all camp masterpieces and you should want very badly to have them in your life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.