Christina Aguilera - Liberation | Page 440 | The Popjustice Forum

Christina Aguilera - Liberation

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Oh my god, I just saw the BBMAs performance. Poor Demi. That moment where she goes to sing an adlib and then changes her mind - she's clearly crushed. Her voice was just way off. Shit happens, I hope she doesn't beat herself up. Xtina still did enough for the both of them.

JMRGBY likes this.
  2. No
    Noooo

Kuhleezi, LPT, Vixen and 14 others like this.
  3. Poor Demi - this performance could've bene epic and now was such a waste.... Hopefully they'll perform it some other time - but in its epic form!

4. I’m not even going to pretend for a second that a “scream fest” isn’t what I came for. Ear-bleedingly glorious.

5. All this speculation about what 'XNDA' really means is giving me iamamiwhoami teas. You guys realize it's probably going to just be background vocals from some rando right? lol

Kuhleezi, LPT, AmericanMoney and 22 others like this.
  6. Backing vocals by the Ibiza Owl.

7. Fall in Line is inching towards #3 on iTunes. Guess the BBMAs performance helped, along with the positive reviews!

Bobbyrae, LPT, inevitable and 3 others like this.
  8. The performance made me realize Fall In Line (and Dangerous Woman) knock off the vibe from Feeling Good. How did I not notice it before?

9. RMK

RMK

Christina definitely had the better vocal performance. I think Demi had an off night, even in the audience shots she seemed concerned about something. In all honesty, her verse on the actual song sounds more than right for her so it's okay.

10. I told the person that came up with this fantasy that they’re ridiculous.

11. You can tell Demi was having an off night at the BBMAs, but that performance was still incredible. I 100% understand why Christina and Demi collaborated and it just works so well. I think it's a really powerful song (reminds me of the Stripped era to be honest) and it seemed obvious the audience agreed.

LPT, evilsin, Maki and 3 others like this.
  12. Christina and Pink collabing on a song most likely about dick? Surely not.

bazayer likes this.
  13. Finally saw the BBMA performance. A total screamfest after the key change, but that’s the type of ridiculousness I live for.

Yaaaaas!

14. May we ban “scream fest” please because these girls clearly aren’t out here stanning vocalists.

Square, Jwentz, K94 and 7 others like this.
  15. I thought the performance was powerful, so rewarding to see Xtina back on stage absolutely soaring her emotions. The vocals weren't perfect, nobody is perfect, and the song represents that (in some way) anyway.

LPT likes this.
  16. If so Demi better purchase Xtina’s Master Class with a quickness...but seriously I’m sure they wanted everything to be perfect and am surprised Xtina didn’t coach Demi in rehearsal or something? Maybe that’s what psyched her out actually?

tj-x likes this.
  17. Demi didn't sound her best, but I was expecting a disaster after the comments here and yet I thought she did fine. I enjoyed the performance, however just like in the studio version from one point on it's just an inane repetition of the chorus with ad-libs on top that goes on forever and it kind of ruins the song. It really needed an extra part.

disgruntledblaire likes this.
  18. The fact that the vocals at the BBMAs weren't perfect actually made the performance better in my eyes. There was so much vulnerability about everything.

neinzedd and WoW73 like this.
  19. The album is out in just over 3 weeks. I worry for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.