Christine And The Queens - discussion générale | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Christine And The Queens - discussion générale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Aug 10, 2014.

1. djmakemewet likes this.
  2. Mountains (We Met) is hitting me the hardest. Love everything about this project.

3. The Bram Stoker's Dracula (a movie which has probably shaped me more than any other) realness of it all is just too much for me to handle. Nada in particular sees her channeling Lucy Westenra via Sadie Frost but dialed up to 11 and I'm LIVING for it. Ouais, Héloïse, arrachez un peu ma perruque.

Whew. So good. I haven't been this excited about new music in a while.

Oh, you will worship the ground she walks on after seeing her live, for sure. She's a force of nature on stage. Watching her lose herself to music and dancing is ... magic. You get a sense of it from her videos (this new short in particular), but seeing her live takes it to a whole new level.

4. Loving this. I Disappear In Your Arms (Sorry I’m basic) is such a jam!! Though I keep hearing Sweet Dreams during the intro.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. Pourrais-tu m’aimer?
    HMM
    Ça j’en doute...
    Quand tu ne prends que ce que tu veux de moi
    Que tu n’aimes que ce que tu veux de moi

Quand tu ne veux qu’une partie de moi

[​IMG]

6. The title track with Caroline Polachek is great!

7. This release was full of tens, everything you could ask for and then some. The songs are excellent, the film is a piece of art, even the EP cover is jaw dropping. There’s just no one like her in the game.

8. Nearly every time I play through the EP I have to replay Mountains before I move on. What a magical little gem of a track.

rdp, LPT, Trouble in Paradise and 2 others like this.
  9. People, I've been missing out. I just saw the video, non, œuvre d'art historique and I am completely blown away by it. The level of professionalism... far too much. I even started crying at one point and I can't remember the last time I cried over a music video.

Diet Pop!, mpl, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  10. I haven’t gotten the chance to watch the video yet but the EP might be favorite thing she’s done yet? There’s a sense of fun that others have commented on that feels new. It’s loose while still full of airtight grooves that feel quintessentially her

mpl, ufint, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  11. I have finally listened the whole EP and i am completely obsessed with her lately. Nobody else is operating on her level. What an artist.

LPT, mpl, davidbesan and 4 others like this.
  12. Yes, the EP is brilliant and solidifies her position as one of the most versatile artists in contemporary music. Just imagine what she's capable of in the future - it's safe to say we're in for a treat.

LPT, Tracy Jacks, mpl and 5 others like this.
  13. The range this EP has is a bit too much.
    I’m obsessed with Nada.

14. lushLuck, 2014 and aux like this.
  15. I love how UK based this EP era is.

Tracy Jacks, aux and 2014 like this.
  16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I’ve only just seen the film. My god. Astounding. That last 4 minutes. In a month of Power Ranger movies shot on phones, this...THIS. Utterly brilliant.

Tracy Jacks, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  17. I love that Heloise's #1 superfan, Laura Snapes, is doing the Q&A.

Vasilios, RUNAWAY and sinner like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I can’t get over how everything on this EP is so huge - she’s a fave!

19. I want them to MARRY!

LPT, Mikal, Kuhleezi and 13 others like this.
  20. GOD!

Vixen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.