CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. I literally came here to post this.
    Stay flawless.

Wishlight, 2014 and Untouchable Ace like this.
  2. Wonderland is actually decent and almost worth it.

Compromise!

3. So, I was reluctant to give this a listen because of the reactions here but it's really not that bad. It's... fine. It's a disappointment compared to the other two albums, but it's pretty listenable.

4. It's all about Heaven/Hell in my opinion. That one is trully flawless.

5. My only problem with Heaven/Hell is that it’s not a cover of Heaven and Hell (Being Geri Halliwell).

Toxic84 likes this.
  6. I'm surprised it's getting a lukewarm/mixed reaction (both online and commercially), because to me it just sounds like perfect Chvrches, albeit a little more souped-up and poptastic.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Though I've not listened to this much, I wanted to ask if any bigger fans knew tea on any Glasgow dates being announced? I know they literally just did TRNSMT or whatever but I mean real dates. Wanting to buy tickets for my pals b-day.

8. Something’s getting announced soonish by the looks of it

9. Thanks chick xox

10. These posters were plastered everywhere at TRNSMT yesterday so that’s a show at The Hydro practically confirmed.

[​IMG]

Thought they were brilliant at TRNSMT yesterday. The crowd were great too, singing along to every word. I was worried that they might not get too great a reception because of a lack of (traditional) ‘hits’ but they went down really well.

Wishlight and dodoriazarbon like this.
  11. Tea. The middle eight (and its wee reprise during the final chorus) is absolutely magical.

wodny and 2014 like this.
  12. Can’t wait for the show, especially with Let’s Eat Grandma confirmed as opening act.

13. RJF

RJF

WHAT.

14. You won’t be able to get any 1/6 price tickets on groupon either Hen.

I still can’t believe they didn’t lead the campaign with Grafitti or Graves... the best two from the album.

15. It’s only for their Europe shows

Wishlight likes this.
  16. RJF

RJF

Eaux.

The irony of my history with seeing CHVRCHES live is I'm seeing them a second time this weekend... and both times have been in London despite the fact we share a home city. I'd be way more tempted by a home show in the Hydro if I liked this album more, but they're decently priced I may take a punt.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  17. I agree with most people about this album - good but not as stellar as the other two. Some tracks are great, but there are a couple of clunkers where the formula seems a little too obvious. A few middle eights in particular seem very rote.

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. I think with this album is that it veers a little too lazily towards sounding geriatric.

Though Never Say Die, Graffiti and Deliverance are IT.

Miracle needs to fuck off back to 2012, where it belongs.

19. I used to hate it, but most of the song is so good that I can forgive the garbage Imagine Dragons bit. It is very sad how much better the song would be without it though.

Still one of my favorite albums this year.

20. I guess it's a good thing I've never heard an Imagine Dragons song because Miracle is a jam for me.

Island and Untouchable Ace like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.