CHVRCHES - Screen Violence | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

CHVRCHES - Screen Violence

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Yes, this really is a good album. Certainly got lasting power for me and I keep coming back to it.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Lauren's voice on Lullabies is so beautiful. The whole album really sticks to one thing but greatly benefits from being so succinct; all of it is just top level pop.

3. How not to drown and Agnes’ 24 hours are my favourite songs of 2021 so far .. can’t get enough of both. Actually they’re on an endless loop with Initial Talk’s Dua Lipa ‘New Rules’ mix and Miley’s Nightcrawling

Wishlight, Patriku, Kyle. and 2 others like this.
  4. I read in an interview that Iain said that the breakdown in "Nightmares" is supposed to be a reference to Kate Bush's "Waking the Witch", with the chopped up vocals and heavy groove.

No wonder I love this album so much.

5. Don't wanna find your daughter in a bodybag is such a casually brutal lyric.

As for the question on the previous page about Lauren's Scottish coming through so much, I guess the chorus lyric of Final Girl addresses that right?

And I wonder if I should've changed my accent
    Tried to make myself more attractive
    Only time will tell

Love that she stopped giving a fuck.

Wishlight, Lila, lutz and 8 others like this.
  6. Final Girl is slowly becoming my favorite from this (amazing) album. The correlation between "there's a final girl, does she look like me?' and "there's a final girl and you know she should be screaming" is honestly a bit chilling.

wodny, Wishlight, Dreampopboy and 2 others like this.
  7. New track for some Netflix movie.

Us Little Violencesters are eating good this year.

8. I can’t listen right now as I’m at work but is it an original song or a cover of the Lost Boys track?

9. It’s a cover

Wishlight and strictmachine79 like this.

10. This has always been one of my favourite songs and Lauren sounds incredible on it. Brilliant cover.

Crisp X, Diet Pop!, wodny and 2 others like this.
  11. Thanks for confirming! Pleased about that, cracking song.

12. Nice surprise this morning, good cover too.

idratherjack likes this.
  13. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Final Girl is really coming up behind Mr Perfectly Fine to be my song of the year.

14. Yeah, those melodies really sneak up on you after a while. I thought Violent Delights was far and away the best, but Final Girl is getting up there. I also continue to have a brand new love for Good Girls in the context of the album.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  15. Cry Little Sister is truly a great cover and nice addition to the discography.

God, I really relived my love for Chvrches with Screen Violence era. They have my award for "had it, lost it and got it again" this year.

16. Lauren sound fantastic on that Cry Little Sister cover and it blends really well with this era.

17. She looks so stunning this era. The Stevie Nicks hair really suits her. Serving us best looks and best songs.

18. I need more videos like these from all my favourites album sessions.

Crisp X and johnny_tsunami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.