Ciara - 8th Album | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Ciara - 8th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 4Roses, May 6, 2022.

1. THE FIREWORK BRAIDS SCENE (!!!)

2. Lots of replay value in that video. She looked stunning throughout. My only criticism is some of the green screen scenes are very obvious which takes away a bit from the quality. But this feels like they went back into the 00's to make this and I mean it as a compliment.

ohdenny and Shia like this.
  3. I think this is kind of Dave Myers's thing. He's been doing it for as long as he's been around (see his videos for Missy). I assume it's meant to invoke an uncanny valley vibe.

Mr.Arroz, Jacques, Mushroom and 8 others like this.
  4. The green screen definitely feels intentional or a stylized choice, its really pretty crisp/clean looking even if its still a bit uncanny valley so Im not mad at it!

Kpop videos have been doing stuff like that for ages so maybe Im used to it.

5. The song is a complete bop and the video is a total serve. The fireworks in her hair section is particularly iconic.

6. Actually hate the green screen, I could have just done with the scenes with locations. The fire braids where a serve though.

7. In fairness, furiously dancing on electrical wires and moving trains may have posed safety issues! I think the video is great. I also liked "Level Up", but this feels more like a fleshed out jam to me. I love the rap parts, too.

8. The video and song are both serves. I love that Ciara lives for a big dumb bop as much as the rest of us.

9. Instantly addicted to the point that I already want the berserk beat outro version that's in the video on streaming platforms NOW. It's just thee entire serve. I'm gobsmacked.

Purple, vendredi and lushLuck like this.
  10. Every time she releases a bop like this I’m reminded of just how much bigger she deserved to be.

11. THis is immense.

LPT, TRAVVV and lushLuck like this.
  12. The video was giving me Night of 1000 Ciaras drag race runway teas with all the looks served dd. God bless the sparkler braids. I gagged.

Mr.Arroz, Verandi, TRAVVV and 2 others like this.
  13. She's incredible when she's in her element

14. I’m still just completely wowed by the video. It’s the sort of clip that rewards many, many replays. There are such strong Janet vibes, the way she smirks, certain movements.

Sleepycat, lushLuck and Purple like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The video is a lot better than the song which, without the video alongside it, is a bit forgettable. She sounds so good though!!

16. Yeah I just feel compared to his earlier work (and a lot of the 00's vids) the effects just don't look as seamless (the beach scene for example or the hydraulic car scene).

I think it's more to do with smaller budgets compared to back in the day. Still, all those scenes and lewks must of COST. And no product placement either? All whilst independent? Go off CC.

Leader Beans likes this.
  17. Yeah there's no way the green screen isn't a conscious stylistic choice and it adds to the fun of it if you look at it through that lens.

18. She makes being a stan so easy. Everything about this is a serve.

19. I think it’s more to do with the fact we see videos in HD now, honestly. But wow I didn’t even realize there was no product placement.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. The video is arguably Video of the Year .

I just wish the song was better .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.