Ciara - CiCi (EP)

Lots of replay value in that video. She looked stunning throughout. My only criticism is some of the green screen scenes are very obvious which takes away a bit from the quality. But this feels like they went back into the 00's to make this and I mean it as a compliment.

Actually hate the green screen, I could have just done with the scenes with locations. The fire braids where a serve though.

Staff member
The video is a lot better than the song which, without the video alongside it, is a bit forgettable. She sounds so good though!!

I think this is kind of Dave Myers's thing. He's been doing it for as long as he's been around (see his videos for Missy). I assume it's meant to invoke an uncanny valley vibe.

Yeah I just feel compared to his earlier work (and a lot of the 00's vids) the effects just don't look as seamless (the beach scene for example or the hydraulic car scene).

I think it's more to do with smaller budgets compared to back in the day. Still, all those scenes and lewks must of COST. And no product placement either? All whilst independent? Go off CC.

he/him
Yeah I just feel compared to his earlier work (and a lot of the 00's vids) the effects just don't look as seamless (the beach scene for example or the hydraulic car scene).

I think it's more to do with smaller budgets compared to back in the day. Still, all those scenes and lewks must of COST. And no product placement either? All whilst independent? Go off CC.

I think it’s more to do with the fact we see videos in HD now, honestly. But wow I didn’t even realize there was no product placement.