Ciara | Jackie (Album) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Ciara | Jackie (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by teddie88, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

This can go from never coming out to being her opus. We will see.

2. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I'm ready. She better serve-up a bop as good as Overdose.

3. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

CIARA is one of the best albums of 2013, I'm hoping for part 2.

She's not MKS.

4. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Pussypop Lips Are Moving

5. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Always loved Ciara but this album is going to be a drag I'm sure of it. The baby, the Future drama...I'm hoping for Overdose/Living It Up/I'm Out type songs but I reckon we're getting an album more along the lines of Promise.

6. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Harmony Samuels latest production has been 'That's Me Right There' by Jasmine V which is a bit of a tune - wouldn't mind something like that but I agree that it might be a bit slower.

7. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Perched and parched.

8. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Soundz produced DUI & Sophomore - I hope he's on board.

I still play CIARA regularly - absolutely love it.

9. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Weirdly, I JUST added Ciara's discography to my iPod last night. I could sense she was returning, apparently.

10. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

This is the first album of her career where she recorded it and finished it before putting out a single...if she's got Dr Luke,Cirkut,Rock City,Polow,Cashmere Cat, Harmony then I'm more than sure it's going to be worked properly internationally. I look for them to use the urban/top 40 strategy to work the album

11. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

No, thank you to Luke.

I hope she works with Tricky / The-Dream again - I was surprised she didn't get them on for CIARA.

12. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

It is, and it's a fairly unremarkable downish tempo R&B jam on first listen. Not saying it doesn't have potential to grow, but would have expected something a bit more impactful for lead. It feels like it could have been released at any point in the last 10 years, and at least to these ears it doesn't necessarily feel like a good thing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  13. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

This era's Sorry then?

14. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Why does she always lead her albums with down-tempo R&B jams which will more than likely be reduced to buzz singles after they inevitably flop and then left off their parent album?

I'd love for her to work with some unexpected people on this album, like Cyril Hahn, Ryan Hemsworth, Cashmere Cat, SOHN, Dev Hynes and Jacques Greene, who produced these awesome remixes for her. DJ Mustard and Mike Will Made It are welcome too.

15. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

She did work with Cashmere Cat on this album, he confirmed it on twitter months ago and said be couldn't stop dancing

16. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Body Party and Overdose should be respective template for a couple tracks.

17. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Well of course. She never learns.

18. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

But imagine if it does well? I don't give a damn what style the song is, as long as it's good, then I'm content.

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

20. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

That font colour..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.