Ciara | Jackie (Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Ciara | Jackie (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by teddie88, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

It's a great break-up ballad, but it's definitely not a lead single. I'm sure the next release will be a fucking bop.

Epic needs to put this on iTunes immediately... they severely fucked up last time with Sweat, Sorry, and Got Me Good by waiting two to three weeks after its premiere to start selling it. No album pushbacks this time please? CIARA was my favorite album of 2013.

P.S. The CH-YEAH's in the chorus have to be Future's, or are made to sound like his, because it's been his signature for a little while now.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

It sounds really 2006-7 and I love it for that. It's so breezy.

3. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

This reminds me of 'Next To You' from her first album and 'Sorry', as much as I love the bops I adore these slow jams from CiCi.

4. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I love the chorus, the verse are a massive let down. I feel the only reason this is a single is Epic probably feel it'll gain press coverage due to the choice of subject.

5. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Admittedly I only listened to 30 seconds, but I feel underwhelmed. I wanted something instant, and this isn't it. I'll give it another listen tonight.

6. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

That's the guy from Rock City in the background, they've been doing that way before future

7. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I think that's great. Some of her slower songs bore me but this is really fresh. Won't be a hit but it's a good reintroduction.

8. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I really love that song. I think this genuinely is a #buzzsingle though, rather than 'inevitable flop single demoted to buzz single'. Pretty sure she's got some biggies in the bag.

The whole roll-out's taken me by surprise though - announcement and single within a day of each other? What is this well-executed nonsense?

9. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I love this now; I love it. The verses are a bit shit but the chorus is woah. So melodic.

10. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

It really is! I also like the single cover and the song is better than Sorry.

11. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I Bet is quite good. Patiently perched for the new I'm Out.

12. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Album is titled "Jackie"

13. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Named after her mother, before people ask the inevitable question.

14. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

#C7 to be titled CARLTON please.

15. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

OBSESSED with I Bet.

16. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

After a couple more plays, I'm addicted

17. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

How M.I.A. of her. I just hope the cover is good, and this song is very well put together. I need to hear it through speakers other than my iPhone but I like what I heard so far!

18. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I really like this.

19. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

This is really good, agree that the verses are the weak link here but they always were gonna be next to that chorus. Dripping in melody.
    Not keen on the album title but I suppose it's still better than One Woman Army.

20. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I love this! It's topical for the breakup, yet still really tasteful.

And it drives me insane that I can't buy it yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.