Ciara | Jackie (Album) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Ciara | Jackie (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by teddie88, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I actually love this. It's nothing particularly new for her, but that chorus is amazing. I don't think it's going to be a hit so I hope this is genuinely intended as a buzz single, rather than getting labelled that later after it flops and then not even being included on the album.

2. KAG

KAG

Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

'I Bet' is incredibly boring. It doesn't really go anywhere.

3. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

The chorus is fantastic. I'm hooked.
    Verses are growing on me too.

4. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Wasn't expecting this sound from her - especially acoustic guitar being involved - but I'm loving this direction! It's got a great hook.

5. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Hot. Great idea.

6. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Gorgeous and understated. She of course sounds rich and velvety, and the lyrics are pretty devastating. I love the turn the song takes after the bridge (which that key change, oh wow).

7. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

'I Bet' is gorgeous. It feels very 2008/2009, I like it. Not so keen on the album title, but I can deal with it. I have high hopes for this album, Ciara had so many great songs especially 'DUI' and 'Overdose'.

8. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I like that she doesn't seem as invested in getting hits. It's made her far more interesting to me and I think it gives her more freedom even on a major label.

9. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Well 'I Bet' is pretty great, pleasantly surprised. Really looking forward to the album

10. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

I just hope this album doesn't have the long, painful release process that "One Woman Army" / "Ciara" had. I'll be genuinely shocked if "Jackie" is the album's name at launch. It would be amazing but seems so out of character for a Ciara title.

11. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Me too.

12. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

"I Bet" is absolutely perfect! If it were released back in the R&B hey days it would have been massive.

13. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

Can someone change the thread title now?

14. Re: Ciara | Album 6 + Singles.

[​IMG]

"Yeah, it's Jackie"

15. And speaking of the title, it's cute and all but it doesn't really do it for me.

16. I think "Ciara - Jackie (Album & Singles)" might be better.

17. I'm not sure if she thinks she's MIA or what with the mom title.

I wish her mom's name was Jackée.

[​IMG]

18. Funnily enough, they're apparently friends as Miss Jackée did some Twitter promo for Ciara's last album.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  19. #ByeJackie

20. 'I Bet' is rather nice. Screams buzz single though. Hopefully this album will be filled with certified bops like 'Ciara' was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.