CITRIS - 'Panic In Hampton Bays' (2017) | The Popjustice Forum

CITRIS - 'Panic In Hampton Bays' (2017)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Pop Life, Sep 1, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

This came out a few months ago and is proving to be one of my favourite albums of 2017.
    Any other fans?

(Listen here)

Singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Angelina Torreano is all kinds of fabulous...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. The video for lead single "Coco Chanel"

The video for "Ex-Dreamer" (starring the rather dishy Danny Boi)

...and the video for "Little Scars"

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  3. Uproxx: "So obviously people compare you to Hole a lot ... but who are some of your other key influences/idols? Do you consider grunge and the ‘90s to be your main stylistic touchstone?"

Angelina Torreano: "People have always compared us to Hole, which is great, but I was always a huge Nirvana fan. I think that was my first favorite band growing up as a kid and they ended up being a pretty big influence on the music I write. That and of course, The Beatles was a pretty big primary role. But those two bands were just the start of my inspiration. Down the line, I fell in love with Elliot Smith, Radiohead, Bjork, Queens of The Stone Age, Tame Impala, NIN, Speedy Ortiz, and the list goes on. Alanis Morrisette was a big influence on my music as well. Of course I love Jagged Little Pill, but Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie was probably my personal favorite and where I drew most inspiration from."

(full article here: http://uproxx.com/music/citris-panic-in-hamptons-bay-interview/)

4. A non-LP track, their cover of Courtney Barnett's "Pedestrian At Best":

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.