CiTV Old Skool Weekend (5th and 6th of January) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

CiTV Old Skool Weekend (5th and 6th of January)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tribal Spaceman, Jan 4, 2013.

1. K94

K94

This should not have happened without Comin Atcha!

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Everything about The New Worst Witch looked cheap. They gave all the kids colourful trims on their uniforms and started to use more cartoony special effects.

3. I was actually obsessed with Wizadora. And I remember being gutted and furious when they replaced the actress with a crappy new one.

4. Tribal Spaceman

She did come back though!

5. YES! I need that show in my life again. I can't find it anywhere.

6. She did?! How long was the new Wizadora there? I think I gave up when the new one took over.

7. I loved Wizadora too, it was usually the first show on the block from what I remember.

All the straight boys in secondary school loved Bernward's Watch. I can't understand why, I found it painful to watch - that was another one they recast but for obvious reasons.

8. Tribal Spaceman

Bernard's Watch was one of those rare series that had a proper beginning, middle and end. I hated when they rebooted it as 'Bernard', they started adding all these cheesy effects and it was rubbish.

I think the new one just did one series.

9. Berth, lovely Bertha, sometimes I think you're a DREAM!

10. OH ME TOO! That was just the worst. I think my mother and I had a mourning session or something like that when the good times were over.
    Dreadful.

Okay, here's a question for y'all:

Blonde Sophie or Red-head Sophie in My Parents Are Aliens?

11. I know a lot of people found Blonde Sophie's voice irritating but I really preferred her. I can't even remember the explination for her changing in the show, was it a makeover like that Worst Witch recast or did it include a personality transplant? Either way she changed into a completely different character, very cold.

I really didn't like the kids in that show, they were extremely obnoxious. Whatever happened to the older one's pop career?

12. I was Team Blonde Sophie too, despite her only lasting for one (or two? Either way, it wasn't very long!) season. She seemed so much more... alien! Ditzy and inquisitive - I know what you mean about the newer one being 'cold'.

I think it was just supposed to be a physical appearance change, but I can't remember why. Either way, the new actress didn't exactly do a great job of leading on seamlessly from the first one!

Oh God, they all pissed me off at points - Josh perhaps the least. I pretend anything from CJ onwards doesn't exist. One of my ultimate highlights over all the years was when Lucy went mental and envious, and nearly cut off Wendy's hair. Then Mrs Hardman caught her and flipped out. Amazing.

Uh, this happened... http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.u...girl-s-dream/story-12509689-detail/story.html

Goodness, she's 30 this year!

13. Tribal Spaceman

I liked both Sophies and I'm glad they found a way to bring back Sophie #1 in (what should have been) the final episode, but the way in which they changed actresses was so stupid. They'd spent an entire series establishing that Brian was the only one who could morph into other forms, only for Sophie to suddenly decide on a new look as well as a personality transplant. She did improve after a while, though, and became more like the original character.

I met Carla Mendonca once and she was lovely. Starting going on about Valux and the Galactic Guidebook and everything.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  14. She's 26!

15. I found I lost interest with these re runs after the main themes were played! Seems that Funhouse just can't capture my attention these days like it used to but listening to the theme tune brings all sorts of happy feelings back, as does the theme to Raggy Dolls! I think I would be a little concerned if they did hold my interest past the theme tune actually seen as I am 29!!

16. Tribal Spaceman

I don't see why - they were made for your generation after all. I still like the majority of programmes I enjoyed as a child. I do agree about the theme tunes being the best part, though.

Network DVD are having a "More Than CiTV" sale at the moment if anyone is interested. You can get the complete Press Gang for £14.

http://www.networkdvd.net/

17. Aaaaah how did I miss this? CITV was my life as a child. Wizadora, Alphabet Castle, The Riddlers, Tots TV, Watership Down etc.

It's decline and state now makes me sad because some of those shows were special parts of my childhood and I just don't feel like the cheap imports they show now will make today's kids feel the same way in 15 years.

18. Tribal Spaceman

Fear not, some (if not all) the programmes are on ITV Player.

I agree, the state of CiTV these days is saddening. There's nothing wrong with imported programmes of course - Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures were a big part of my childhood too, but the quality just isn't there anymore.

I bought the complete 14-disc set of Watership Down for £9 in Sainsbury's the other day actually.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. Ooh thanks for that, I might watch a few this week! And when I bought that Watership Down set a few years back, it cost me about £30, I had never seen the whole thing in the right order (or the third series) before and it was such an amazing trip down memory lane. The third series is weird, though.

20. Tribal Spaceman

Not sure if I remember Series 3 either.

I'd wanted it for ages but it was so big. This is the 2012 slimmed-down version in a yellow box.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.