Claud | The Popjustice Forum

Claud

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Coolrockgirl, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Their debut album Super Monsters was just released on Phoebe Bridgers label. Really cool bedroom pop sound similiar to Clairo and Snail Mail.

2. Yeah this definitely is worth a listen for fans of the artists you mention. Also reminds me of SOAK.

Clairo actually features on the album. Her and Claud have a band together called Shelly and they also released a couple tracks last year.

Sail On and Coolrockgirl like this.
  3. I only knew their song If I Were U and I'm loving what I hear in this album

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  4. Just added "Guard down" to the high-rotation airplay segment of an internet music radio station that I manage. It's a great song! I hope this kid does well.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  5. Gave this a few spins this weekend after knowing Claud from @Trouble in Paradise's rates, and it's such a great listen. Hoping the Phoebe and Clairo connections help boost this a bit.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. The review describing the album as a bildungsroman made me giddy inside, las did the little annecdote that inspired That's Mr. Bitch to You. Warming to read Claud's thoughts and answers, they deserve so much

7. I’m really enjoying this so far. It’s a bit homogenous at times but it’s a sound I typically love anyway so I’m not really bothered by it. Soft Spot, In Or In-Between and Jordan were the immediate standouts but I’m sure it’ll continue to blossom for me.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  8. I'd been obsessed with 'Gold' since last year when I think it was Clairo who shared it on Instagram. The album's not the most diverse thing I've ever heard but I've been playing it a lot. It's such an easy listen and I think there's plenty of scope for a little more sonic exploration in the future.

'Pepsi' is absolutely gorgeous and one of my favourite tracks so far this year.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.