CMAT - Crazymad, For Me

I saw her in November at the Barrowlands (sold out capacity of just under 2k, for those unfamiliar) and my biggest takeaway was just how much swag she has. There's no "I'd be happy to sing in a coffee shop for six people" with her; she wants to be HUGE. And she deserves to be.

I'm so happy she's found more and more support, exposure, and accolades despite criminally low streams. I've been hammering both albums for months now.

She's just a brilliant songwriter. I Hate Who I Am When I'm Horny is just shell shocking.

Whenever I watch the Stay For Something Norton performance I'm convinced she's a world class performer too.

I'm convinced she's a world class performer too.
Guess what... she is! Every person I've introduced her to through dragging them to a show leaves spellbound.

Her trajectory reminds me of Self Esteem, there's a lot of buzz around her live shows but they don't necessarily translate to streams, I just hope she's not at risk of burn out. I was a bit nervous with how quickly the sophomore came about considering the debut was full of songs that'd been hanging around for a while, but she sure shut me up.

Guess what... she is! Every person I've introduced her to through dragging them to a show leaves spellbound.

Her trajectory reminds me of Self Esteem, there's a lot of buzz around her live shows but they don't necessarily translate to streams, I just hope she's not at risk of burn out. I was a bit nervous with how quickly the sophomore came about considering the debut was full of songs that'd been hanging around for a while, but she sure shut me up.
If it follows Self Esteem's trajectory, I for one can't wait to see her put in a chaotic performance on Taskmaster.

The album's a masterpiece - I'm hoping for an autumn UK "victory lap" type tour of slightly larger rooms.

I knew I'd have a great time when I finally saw her live, but I didn't expect to end up being a part of the show (she made me get up on the stage and show everyone my 'Let Bottoms Vote' t-shirt, saying "Finally! A political agenda I can truly get behind!").

If you get the chance to see her, go! The show was just a non-stop rush of emotional highs. Her ability to connect with people, make you laugh, cry and dance (sometimes all within the space of the same song), and more than anything that incredible voice...all just blew me away.

Side note: I missed the last train back to Basel where I'm staying and had to pay 200€ for an Uber, but even that couldn't take the shine off an amazing night.