Coldplay - Music of the Spheres | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Coldplay - Music of the Spheres

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by B.A.D., Oct 21, 2019.

1. My Universe is rumoured to be a BTS collaboration.

2. I like how the album sounds based on the trailer.

3. Higher Power left me cold but that trailer sounds really promising!

4. I'm not sure if it's a demo or the final version but My Universe with BTS has leaked.

5. Looks like the entire album is produced by Max Martin and this is only Volume 1.

Robert, manloveuk, enjoy and 3 others like this.
  6. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

“I’m crying at the new Coldplay song” is not a sentence I ever expected to utter in 2021.

7. Ah, excited to hear it now. Their last two were competent but left me cold, nothing has quite topped Viva and Ghost Stories. But always willing to give them a go.

Txetxu and Andrew like this.
  8. They haven't had a good album since Mylo Xyloto, but this seems like a return to form more than the last 3.

9. Oh, wow... that's probably my favorite thing I've heard from them in quite a bit. Definitely since Magic but this has such a soaring quality that reminds me of their earlier work. That's basically I've been wanting from them. It goes to some really gorgeous places.

bonnieetclyde and Gabeee9292 like this.
  10. 'Coloratura' is wonderful - sweeping and intimate at the very same time. It absolutely justifies the 10-minute length too.

x

bakerboy92 and Gabeee9292 like this.
  11. Well this is a stunner! It maybe takes a tad too long to get to the 6 minute mark but this isn't a real complaint.

12. This is gorgeous.

13. I actually really like Everyday Life but this is on another level. I am glad that they are pushing forward musically. Mylo Xyloto and A Head Full of Dreams were fine but they felt like a low quality copy of Viva La Vida.

Andy French likes this.
  14. Shaping up to be a good album - I like Higher Power and Coloratura is great. I'm loving the aesthetic - thematically and stylistically it's a beautiful era.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  15. I don't think anything will ever beat 'Yellow' for me.

16. A Rush of Blood to the Head remains their magnus opus.

Fix You, The Scientist and Violet Hill are their best songs. Yellow is closely behind.

sinner likes this.
    Andrew likes this.
  18. Has it come to this?

SlowBurn, R0B0TB0Y, jtm and 2 others like this.
  19. Honestly this was exactly what I thought when I saw this announcement. I couldn’t be any less excited for new Coldplay music, and I say this as a huge fan.

P'NutButter and Firewalker like this.
  20. Suddenly, I’m streaming Head Full of Dreams

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.