Coldplay - Music of the Spheres | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Coldplay - Music of the Spheres

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by B.A.D., Oct 21, 2019.

1. I'm excited if the Daft Punk collab is really happening.

2. Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is that bitch.

tea, Bangers&Bops, OlliMaus and 4 others like this.
  3. I think they’ve taken a sufficient break and (hopefully) used this to come back with something different.

I’m excited, I think this could be great.

ohnostalgia, Dennis and Tracy Jacks like this.
  4. More Viva La Vida (or even X&Y or Parachutes) please. I’m kinda done with their brand of happy-sappy pop.

Also, I really don’t want another high profile Rihanna/Beyoncé collab. They never needed it to begin with - they sort of became a parody version of themselves with the last two albums.

5. Their first four albums are great. Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories and A Head Full of Dreams are all average as hell.

6. I need another song like Violet Hill to feature on this album.

Ghost Stories and A Head Full Of Dreams both failed to keep me entertained for longer than a week.

sinner and GRMusic like this.
  7. I've seen a few Ghost Stories mentions and phew, they really did THAT.

There's always a small tear coming out of my eyes whenever I go back to this song.

"My body moves, goes where I will, but though I try my heart stays still."

[​IMG]

kmn04, Crisp X, Bangers&Bops and 10 others like this.
  8. Always In My Head is stunning, one of their best songs. That whole Ghost Stories album was so good, right down to the gorgeous artwork. Really looking forward to the new one.

Crisp X, P'NutButter, Andrew and 6 others like this.
  9. I've got to a point where I'm ambivalent about Coldplay. I used to love them and have seen them live about five times. But when A Head Full Of Dreams came out I just lost interest. I had the chance to see them on three separate occasions during that tour but didn't bother. I'll keep an ear out for this new stuff but no idea if I'm eagerly anticipating anything from them anymore. I feel the same about The Killers.

Trouble in Paradise and marie_05 like this.
  10. I think this might be both

11. Two singles being released tomorrow apparently (7:30pm in the UK). Orphans and Arabesque.

Artwork and tracklist have also leaked.

EHd2A9DUUAAlxzK.jpeg

Disc 1:
    1. Sunrise
    2. Church
    3. Trouble In Town
    4. BrokEn
    5. Daddy
    6. WOTW / POTP
    7. Arabesque
    8. When I Need A Friend

Disc 2:
    1. Guns
    2. Orphans
    3. Éko
    4. Cry Cry Cry
    5. Old Friends
    6. (Title in Arabic)
    7. Champion Of The World
    8. Everyday Life

12. Daddy!!!

burzacott likes this.
  13. Perched to hear (Title in Arabic)

14. So much music coming these days, yas 2019 pull through!

Based on those titles I can't tell which one is the experimental disc and which one is the sell-out disc. Interesting.

15. This really sums up what the problem with them is these days, or at least for me. I’ve always hated that one of their blandest singles became the blueprint for their post-2010 sound. Mylo Xyloto and An Album Full Of Dross (I can’t even name the songs or tell them apart anymore) made me go off them quite a bit. Ghost Stories was a surprisingly great intermezzo, but unfortunately it was also their lowest selling album (please correct me if I’m wrong), so I can’t really imagine them going back to that sound. It’s hard to get excited for new releases at this point, but I’m always up for a pleasant surprise, so we’ll see how this pans out.

beyoncésweave and 2014 like this.
  16. I'm hoping we get something along the lines of Violet Hill with this new album. I have quite high hopes for it for some reason despite being a sporadic fan at best.

17. I really like the cover art.
    I completely agree with all the posters who said that their post Viva La Vida material is very hit & miss. I'm not giving up on them yet, they're still capable of producing great music - for example the singles from the previous record were absolutely brilliant, however the rest of the album was indistinguishable...

The anticipation for new music put me in a mood for a little Coldplay binge and I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous this song is:

The strings in the outro - arghhhh! I could melt into a puddle!

18. They need to go back to their roots and mix it with alternative electronic. They had mainstream success already.

Trouble in Paradise and marie_05 like this.
  19. Like Pink, they have stuck to the same formula. I like this band, and would not mind something new and different.

LoveSoSoft and Andrew like this.
  20. Has that been confirmed anywhere? I saw it on Wikipedia the other day and thought it might have been made up.

GRMusic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.