Coldplay - Music of the Spheres | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Coldplay - Music of the Spheres

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by B.A.D., Oct 21, 2019.

1. Yeah, the tracklist was published in a newspaper in Wales. By Coldplay.

Robert likes this.
  2. First play of both songs on Annie Mac from 7:30pm.

GRMusic likes this.
  3. I hope to god Pharrell isn't on this album.

Lapras, Gabeee9292 and ElectricKnight like this.
  4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

You guys reminded me to revisit Ghost Stories for the first time in years and years, and wow it really is a quiet masterpiece, isn't it? I had completely forgotten how breathtaking it was at the time (and still is).

Mylo Xyloto and A Head Full of Dreams had their moments, but looking at their tracklists, I can't recall 80% of either.

tea, kmn04, heavymetalGAGA and 7 others like this.
  5. Even if I love it I can admit that A Head Full of Dreams was a bit redundant and the band on autopilot, however Mylo Xyloto remains of their best albums, and their most colorful and uplifting to date.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Please bring back good Coldplay.

7. I'm keeping a very open mind.

P'NutButter likes this.
    Robert, Lapras and SlowBurn like this.
  9. Orphans is great. Not really feeling Arabesque.

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Love Arabesque. I can work with Orphans too.

enjoy likes this.
  11. These are both excellent.

Stromae is the voice singing in French on ‘Arabesque,’ with horns by Femi Kuti and his son. The track samples a Fela Kuti speech. It’s a pretty glorious sprawl.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  12. Arabesque is really good, I wish it was even longer. Orphans is nothing they haven't done before.

enjoy and Robert like this.
  13. LiK

LiK

Both songs are excellent but Abaresque is certainly the standout song for me, what an experience!

ohnostalgia and Robert like this.
  14. do we have videos? because I think they can put out interesting ones when they want.

15. Both songs are brilliant.

16. Arabesque is their best song since whatever and Orphans is quite enjoyable too. Perched.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. They’re definitely not single material. Arabesque is really great, not feeling Orphans as much. Still, I’m liking the overall vibe and interested to see what the rest of the album brings.

18. Orphans in particular sounds very meh 2010 Indie Playlist. The hooting and hollering over that muddy percussion. Keep it.

Bogdan likes this.
  19. Yes, but Hymn for the Weekend remains a favorite of mine.

20. Orphans is....eh, fine. Arabesque is good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.