Coldplay set for 'Hispanic' return | The Popjustice Forum

Coldplay set for 'Hispanic' return

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by BlaBlaGuy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Coldplay set for ''Hispanic'' return

Coldplay have said their next album will have a "hispanic theme", after being influenced by the sound during their Latin American tour.

In a message on their website, the British band said the album would feature "no maracas or castanets, but a vibrancy and colourfulness that owes much to the atmosphere of Buenos Aires and Barcelona".

The album, which will be the follow-up to 2005''s X&Y and is rumoured to be called Prospekt, is expected to be released this year.

Meanwhile, Chris Martin features on Kanye West''s new album Graduation, due for release at the end of August.

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyn...ldplay-set-hispanic-return-0.html&e=l_news_dm

2. Alfie

Alfie Guest

I will probably get shot for admitting this on here, but I actually like Coldplay and I am looking forward to hearing some new material.

Sorry!

3. I''m looking forward to it. Each of their albums have something really really good on. Well perhaps not the last one.

The Scientist is one of my favourite ever songs though, and Yellow..

4. Alfie

Alfie Guest

I love those too, and ''Clocks'' which is spinetinglingly (is that a word?) amazing.

5. That sounds really interesting! Although I can see people already knocking it since it does sound a bit farfetched for Coldplay''s "MOR" sound.

Either way I''m excited for this new release, hopefully it turns out to be good, spanish flamenco guitars always get me going.

6. I love Coldplay and Latin influence on anything usually makes it better. Can''t wait.

7. Coldplay goes latino. interesting concept! i quite like some of Coldplay''s stuff. just Chris Martin irritates me somewhat

8. I''ve always liked Coldplay really but sometimes I''ve got a little bored of them. I''ve got their albums. I''m glad you like them. They''ve done some good stuff in the past. I don''t like each and everyone of theirs but quite a few I always like playing. Nevermind how much I try to avoid their music at times, they end up playing when my iTunes is on Shuffle. I''m glad to hear that they are coming out with new material as well.

9. I''m the same. It''ll be another interesting album that I''ll be looking forward to getting. I agree with you, mostly all of their albums have had something rather unique on them that you could play over and over again and they still sound as good. I agree with you as well about the "X & Y" album, quite a few I didn''t like on that, but there''s the odd few. Like yourself, The Scientist and Yellow are my favourite songs from them. I don''t mind Speed of Sound or Talk either and I quite like Clocks (mostly for the sounds) as well.

10. I like Clocks as well, I really like the sounds more than anything. A friend of mine when I was doing my A-levels, always used to burst into the sixth form room singing this. Always used to make me laugh, so Clocks has some memories for me as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.