Compelling documentary films | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Compelling documentary films

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by popBrit, Jul 31, 2015.

1. kal

kal

Your last paragraph speaks for itself. Thank you for your contribution.

2. I’m sure this has been mentioned here before but I just gave this another watch.
    It’s unintentionaly hilarious.

“You just don’t think when you meet up with someone do you? Oh, that’s my friend dressed up”

“If Mark Zuckerburg did not invent Facebook then none of this would’ve ever happened. So he’s to blame”

“He smelled like Sean Paul Gaultier, that’s like a perfume for men”

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Meathook, hologram, Remorque and 3 others like this.
  3. Probably the current front runner for this years Oscar. It's on Netflix now.......

Also saw this at TIFF and it's great.....

jtm, popBrit and bestinase like this.
  4. Not sure if this was posted but I'm watching this and 30 mins in, the twists and turns in THIS STORY, mawma, I'm not ready....

POPGASM and Remorque like this.
  5. New documentary on Netflix called 'The devil next door':

"A Cleveland grandfather is brought to trial in Israel, accused of being the infamous Nazi death camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible."

I binged on this and watched it in one go.

mcuk likes this.
  6. OMG YATH, I need to watch this.

7. Psychopath documentaries are always good. The one about the Norway shooting left me shook as well.

8. I finally watched the Jinx last week (spotted that is was available as a box set on Sky TV). I thought it was excellent. I love a slow burn. The ending was spine tingling....

9. Watched this the other day and thought it was really interesting!

Relevant to these boards too haha

POPGASM, Mvnl, weatherconor and 2 others like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not a film but I'll drop this here for people who aren't in particular a Black Eyed Peas fan but love pop documentaries, great stuff:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    iRyan, Burzum, HorseTears and 2 others like this.
  11. Colour me shocked about the old Black Eyed Peas. I was 15 when Where is the Love blew up and I honestly thought it was their debut.

The old Black Eyed Peas were legitimately a tasteful proper hip hop group. They became a hit and miss gimmicky pop group.

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Did anyone see Louis Theroux latest documentary? When that woman casually mentioned finding a song online that meant meaning to her, and then reading out the lyrics to The Greatest Showman's 'This Is Me'.

I lost it.

popBrit likes this.
  13. I watched it last night. It took me a while to remember where the lyrics were from! I totally respect their decision to sell sex, but hearing their back stories did make me worry for them a bit.

steste likes this.
  14. I'll need to check this out.

Honeyland is also on my radar, thanks to the Oscars. Anyone seen it?

15. I felt like they just barely scratched the surface with American Factory. Points were made but there's more there and I could watch it go on for another hour or so. It could've been a great miniseries documentary.

16. Honeyland is my #1 film of the entire year.

mcuk and stuaw like this.
  17. Consider it watched!

18. That awkward moment when the Aaron Hernandez documentary proves that the kind of man you go for is gay psychopaths. Hjëlp!

19. I was so blown away by the whole thing.

LP and mcuk like this.
  20. Fascinating and very funked up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.